Team #4 Thunder Chicken Assassins

Ricochet

Updated scores show us in 2nd place (barely) with 58 points - first place has 70 points!

hoppie

I entered my 6 pointer too, so we have 64. We have one bird left to enter and 1st has one left and already have 70. Would be nice if somebody Peanut or String could knock a solid bonus bird down. Looks like we are playing for second boys, but hey I will take it.

Ricochet

I entered my 6 pointer too, so we have 64. We have one bird left to enter and 1st has one left and already have 70. Would be nice if somebody Peanut or String could knock a solid bonus bird down. Looks like we are playing for second boys, but hey I will take it.
Yeah, it looks like we are playing for 2nd which is pretty darn good. Probably will be my best team finish and I think this is my 4th year or so in this challenge. :clap:

hoppie

Yeah this is my 3rd year doing the contest. Won year 1 and last year had a terrible team and a sub par year for me, so placing two out of three would be nice.

Ricochet

Yeah this is my 3rd year doing the contest. Won year 1 and last year had a terrible team and a sub par year for me, so placing two out of three would be nice.
Yeah, 2010 was my best with a 9th place finish and last year was a 12th place finish, so I haven't been real close yet.

Last edited:

stringmusic

To Be Determined

I'm workin' on it brother, I promise you. These birds are killin' me this year.:whip:

Ricochet

Are there any challenge prizes this year? I haven't noticed anything.

hoppie

Are there any challenge prizes this year? I haven't noticed anything.

Oh yeah. Not a bad list either. I would be excited to get any of the top 3 spots. Wish I had the longest beard or spur. Those prints would look great in the my man roost upstairs.

ryanwhit

Stringmusic, I know you're staying with it! Hang in there man, it'll come together for you! I know peanutman is after em too, one of y'all will get our 12th bird. Me and richochet are still trying to help tack on a few extra points by way of a bonus point wildcard bird to replace a 5 pointer.

I worked 2 birds this morning, but it didn't happen. First one flew out and landed at 60 yards, then walked off. Second one gobbled regularly in a strut zone as he was walking back and forth, but by the time I moved on him he'd quit gobbling and evidently walked off as well.

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
we are 13 pts behind team 15 rt now. so if stringmusic or i could get a 7 or 8 pt bird and then somebody else get a 7 or 8 ptr and then they don't upgrade. we can still catch them!

hoppie

How does it work with replacements? I know we have entered 11, so we have one more and one person can replace a bird with a bigger one?

ryanwhit

No guys, doesn't look like we can catch them. Here's the way it'll work:

This weekend peanutman or stringmusic is going to kill a 8 pt bird. That will bring us up to within 5 pts. Also, ricochet or I will kill an 8 pt bird (Gotta stay positive, right?). Whoever kills it will use it to replace a lesser-scoring bird that we've already entered - so it will replace a 5 pt bird, netting us a gain of 3 pts. That would bring us to within 2 pts. It would take 2 very good scoring birds to beat them, assuming that they don't have any dq-ed (i'm sure they won't) and assuming they don't find a wildcard bird.

Hey, it could happen! Let's stay after them...I feel like I'm due a long-spurred turkey. I haven't killed one with 1 1/4" spurs in a few years.

hoppie

Shoot right now I am just saying congrats to them and want us to do our best to hold on to that 2 spot.

mcallum3

Hey guys, congratulations on a great season. So why don't yall just take a break (stop hunting) and just relax for the rest of the season:bounce:
Also, ricochet or I will kill an 8 pt bird (Gotta stay positive, right?). Whoever kills it will use it to replace a lesser-scoring bird that we've already entered - so it will replace a 5 pt bird, netting us a gain of 3 pts.

Now on a serious note, Correct me if am I wrong but I thought a member could only enter 3 birds max.

-Each team member may post 3 birds max (birds can be entered from any state)
(The statement above I copied and pasted from the rules thread.)

Team # 4 "Thunder Chicken Assassins"
ryanwhit 5+ 5+ 6
peanutman04 5+ 8
hoppie 5+ 9
stringmusic
ricochet 5+ 5+ 5

ricochet & ryanwhit already have 3 birds entered, so the 2 of you are finished as far as the challenge goes, or am I wrong?

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
yea i got to thinking about what i had posted and realized i had figured wrong. it will take 2 ten pters. stranger things have happened.

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
Hey guys, congratulations on a great season. So why don't yall just take a break (stop hunting) and just relax for the rest of the season:bounce:

Now on a serious note, Correct me if am I wrong but I thought a member could only enter 3 birds max.

-Each team member may post 3 birds max (birds can be entered from any state)
(The statement above I copied and pasted from the rules thread.)

Team # 4 "Thunder Chicken Assassins"
ryanwhit 5+ 5+ 6
peanutman04 5+ 8
hoppie 5+ 9
stringmusic
ricochet 5+ 5+ 5

ricochet & ryanwhit already have 3 birds entered, so the 2 of you are finished as far as the challenge goes, or am I wrong?

they can replace one of their 5 pt birds with the wildcard.