Arrow Question

fish30523

I have been pondering in my mind and I would like to know yall's thoughts. I shoot a BW with Carbon arrows. I went through the process of tuning and adding weights to get the arrows tuned. How does it work on tuning flint tipped cane or other primitive arrows.

SELFBOW

Close shots rule w cane 10 yds and under. Get em balanced and spinning good and a center shot bow and it might not matter that much. Just my opinion though ......

Todd Cook

I'm no expert on cane( or much else for that matter), but it seems to me that cane and wood both are more versatile than carbon when it comes to tuning. I've shot the same cane arrow out of half dozen different bows with good flight. Maybe it's that they're naturally tapered. Carbon flies good but you really have to match it to the bow with point weight. At least for me.

fish30523

Thanks. I've been thinking about the distance we have traveled in the knowledge of bow set up and arrow tuning. It has been a wonder in my mind how, with what we have learned, and how we apply that to going back to the more primitive arrows.