DNR is Listening!!! I've had a lengthy reply to all my comments!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Thank you for speaking up.
I guess the time for such has passed...(link says page not found).

Victor DeVine

here is a short reply when I pointed out how we need more meetings in Piedmont...

Mr. Devine,
We do our best to have meetings distributed around the state, given our limited staff. We invariably get complaints that we don't do enough meetings around the metro Atlanta area (where the majority of our citizens live) but also hear from folks upset we cannot host a meeting in more locations. The good news is, one need not attend a meeting to read the plan, make a comment, or even ask us questions about the plan! You can email me directly, or if you prefer, you can call our office and speak to one of our biologists if you'd like more information, have questions about specific elements of the plan, or simply prefer to make your comments over the phone. In fact, whenever we have public hearings, we get 10 to 100 times more comments via email than the number of attendees at the meetings. We are glad we can offer an alternative, as we know travel distance is but one factor; lots of hard-working folks cannot attend a meeting because of family or work conflicts regardless of when or where we schedule them.
Please let me know if you have questions, and thank you for sharing your comments about the plan. You can read it here: http://georgiawildlife.com/turkey-info ; other supporting information is on that page as well. Your comments below will also be included in the official summary of plan comments we will present to our director, the commissioner, and the DNR board.