Wallace Dam Dock 11/14/17

olcaptain

Wallace Dam Dock 11/14/17

Before the Ol’ Captain moved to the Lake Country almost two years ago (this coming February) I spent about a decade chasing Common Carp across the country with my dear friend, Tim Gill. Yesterday and today we had a bit of a reunion here in the Eatonton/Milledgeville area.

zVWoH9t.jpg

Although we have caught fish in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, and as far away as the Hudson River in upstate New York, one of our favorite spots through the years has been the Tailrace Dock behind the Wallace Dam.

JRe7xIk.jpg

Gbk57hz.jpg

NXT4jBj.jpg

This dam creates Lake Oconee and is located on the Oconee River off Highway 16 between Eatonton and Sparta, Ga.

Today was a bit different in that while Tim still pursues the “Golden Ghosts”, I have recently been targeting more Catfish than Carp. Although we both had a couple of runs or “Proper Pull Downs” there was only one fish brought to hand. Ironically it was a Cat caught by Tim who was pursuing Carp.

TP71qYt.jpg

7hjAXoX.jpg

We had a great day catching up and as always, we had a wonderful time! You probably aren't surprised, but I also snapped a few random photos during the day. I hope that you will enjoy the reading and the pictures!

W1Jdh9P.jpg

qNzft0K.jpg

CpMa2kl.jpg

NMSscPL.jpg

BPMikPs.jpg

nGO2Vhh.jpg

WERA39

thanks for those pics! We were out Saturday fishing up there and i looked over to my left and saw that (we were on the other side of the lake) and was wondering what it was. How is the bass fishing over by that place?