Craftman vs stihl weedeater

jigman29

Stihl all the way,the craftsman in my opinion isn't built for heavy duty use like the stihl.I have one of the 4 stroke and once I got used to it I don't know that I would go back to the 2 stroke.It is the 110 and it runs around 350 but its on sale here for 300 right now.A little pricey for sure but you get what you pay for.

cball917

if your doing much cutting at all buy a well built one. stihl, echo or husqvarna

Confederate_Jay

Stihl is without a doubt the better of the two but......... you can buy 2-3 craftsmans for the price of the stihl and if you pay about 30 bucks for the extended warranty Sears will repair or replace it if needed at no charge. I have a few of the craftsmans that I use several times every week. They are the covertible type that you change change attachments. The pole saw attachment is very handy for hunters, I also have the blade cutter, and mini tiller for mine.

Georgia Hard Hunter

Stihl is without a doubt the better of the two but......... you can buy 2-3 craftsmans for the price of the stihl and if you pay about 30 bucks for the extended warranty Sears will repair or replace it if needed at no charge. I have a few of the craftsmans that I use several times every week. They are the covertible type that you change change attachments. The pole saw attachment is very handy for hunters, I also have the blade cutter, and mini tiller for mine.

Confed Jay raises a great point, if this is a once a week homeowner piece of equipment you can buy 3 craftsman at sears or Troy built at Lowes for what 1 Sthil costs. With proper care you can get 2 years use out of a Craftsman (estimate on the low end for comparsion purposes) so thats six years of use for the same money. Now if you enter in the extended warranty that could possibily add another 6 years (2 years per unit) thats 12 years of use for the same money as the sthil. Makes sense of course this using the new math.
But can you put a price on using a macho Stihl...LOL

game dog

I believe that the craftsmans are made by MTD. I would go with the stihl. But , I would choose Echo over any of them.

trentb

Stihl an husky make a good one, i use each 6 days a week. but Red Max has them all beat Hands Down.

deadend

Stihl an husky make a good one, i use each 6 days a week. but Red Max has them all beat Hands Down.

x2 on the RedMax stuff. I won't buy anything else now and its the only stuff that holds up for us day in and day out.

Bamafan4life

Uhm ace hardware has stihls for 199 but i dont think there the kind you can add anouther shaft for hunters and sears has the craftsman 4 cycle for 194 and you can use your drill to start it and add the other shafts.

Sterlo58

Stihl or Echo. I have the Echo and it is awesome.

rjcruiser

If you go four cycle, go with one that you still mix the gas.

The four cycles that you don't mix the gas on don't last long and are worthless imho.

Another vote for echo.

bigt61

If you get the ones with attachments that are cable driven, the cables wear out.

get a husqvarna. save the receipt,and you've got a 5 year warranty from the factory. have any problems, just take it back to lowes and swap it out. they have solid shafts, and run much beter than stihl in my opinion.

stepup

I like the Husqavarna's about as good as any of them. But really out of stihl, echo, hasqavarna, and red max you cant go wrong.

pitbull

Redmax! Stihl is good and very strong but you will be visiting the mechanic more often.
My echo and redmax stuff has never been in the shop!!

tsknmcn

I bought a Craftsman with the convertable shaft 10 years ago. I have never done anything to it and I will bet you a dollar to a doughnut that I can go outside, pump the bubble a couple times and it'll crank on the 1st or 2nd pull.

I take that back about not doing anything to it. I wore the bump head down to a nub and replaced it this spring.