Jerusalem the capital of Israel?

gordon 2

2 John 1:9
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

I want both!

So you asked right? And if you did, who did you ask?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Can I ask a serious question about this whole trinity thought process?

Is it possible that God, being who He is, could sit on His throne in Heaven and speak, while appearing on earth as the Christ, and also appear as the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove, all at the same instant in our time scale of existence?

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Can I ask a serious question about this whole trinity thought process?

Is it possible that God, being who He is, could sit on His throne in Heaven and speak, while appearing on earth as the Christ, and also appear as the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove, all at the same instant in our time scale of existence?

Whether the appropriate answer is yes or no, it seems to me, hinges on the highlighted phase. Others have of course considered this question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVI0gSOudFQ
(in some publications of Mere Christianity this is found as Chapter 25, in others as Book 4, Chapter 3)

Another author ends his discourse on the subject with a practical application.
https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf101.vi.XI.XXXI.html
"Let him who understandeth confess unto Thee; and let him who understandeth not, confess unto Thee. Oh, how exalted art Thou, and yet the humble in heart are Thy dwelling-place; for Thou raisest up those that are bowed down, and they whose exaltation Thou art fall not."

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
God can only deal with us in our time scale of existence. It is the only place we can dwell in this body.

So, I suppose the entire phrase is unneeded. The question then remains. Can God, being who he is, sit on His throne in Heaven, appear as the Christ, and also as a dove/Holy Spirit, all at the same instant???

I refuse to put God in a box of my understanding, and seeing as how He said in the beginning, I am. He said 'I am Alpha and Omega' He said He sees the end from the beginning

I say He can do what He wishes to do

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
God can only deal with us in our time scale of existence.

I refuse to put God in a box of my understanding,

I say He can do what He wishes to do

And I say that all is as He wishes.

Which does not mean that we disagree at all. It only reflects a difference in our understanding of God's relationship to time.