Rat Squirrel

dm/wolfskin

Got out for a walk today and I did make meat. I haven't been out hunting but 2 times since Thanksgiving.
Well if John can shoot a squirrel I guess I would give it a try.:biggrin2: Anyway, I was really looking for a rabbit to make a pot of Cajun stew. Been seeing more rabbits this year. First up was a field rat. Fur looks like a rabbit and my shot was a little high but got the job done. Next I did jump a rabbit but about thousand brairs between me and it. So on my way back to my truck, this squirrel gave me a shot at about 10 feet up a dead tree. Made good on that shot too. Head on. Jump another rabbit but he wasn't hanging around. Might not get back out till after the first. Happy New Year:flag::yeah:

Attachments

• fieldrat.jpg
    fieldrat.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 302
  • fieldrat1.jpg
    fieldrat1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 302
  • squirrel.jpg
    squirrel.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 304
  • squirrel1.jpg
    squirrel1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 303

dm/wolfskin

Squirrel is a Hex head and the rat is an old satellite broadhead point with a forge converta blunt behind it. I was going to use a Grizzly broadhead on the rabbit. A 1/2 inch of the satellite is in the piece of wood. I took the wood back to my truck and cut the wood around the point to get it out.

SELFBOW

Good shooting! I got #10 the other day. Those rats are fun, I'll be trying for em soon....and rabbits.