Snow Bound

Anvil Head

Here's a couple I finished up when the snow & dropping temps made my feet to cold to stand at the forge very long.
Had to move into the shop and thaw them out.

The Recurve is 7" blade forged from OSB, WI (anchor chain) fittings, persimmon handle.

The Deer Track Hunter is 5" blade forged from O1, cast pewter guard, legbone handle.

Attachments

• Recurve fgtr1.jpg
    Recurve fgtr1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 357
  • DeerHunter.jpg
    DeerHunter.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 359

wvdawg

Staff member
Those are awesome! That persimmon looks sweet!

Sounds like that forge needs a ground level extension!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Very nice.

walkinboss01

Nice work Carl. I love the recurve.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Mighty pretty

Anvil Head

Those are awesome! That persimmon looks sweet!

Sounds like that forge needs a ground level extension!

WVD - Yeah I like persimmon - it is the only ebony that grows in the Americas. Can be some real pretty stuff with the right cuts. Waddayamean extensions?.....My feets touch the ground! (Naw, I prefer to forge on dirt or gravel, much easier on the shanks - just gets a little cool sometimes.)

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Hey Anvil .... Hanging dog , NC.? I have stayed at the hanging dog camp ground just out of Murphy. ..... on Hanging Dog road. That close to you?

Anvil Head

Hey Anvil .... Hanging dog , NC.? I have stayed at the hanging dog camp ground just out of Murphy. ..... on Hanging Dog road. That close to you?

Not terribly far when I'm up there. I located just up the road from Crawford's Cmpgrnd (actually on BeaverDam side of gap.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome!

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Not terribly far when I'm up there. I located just up the road from Crawford's Cmpgrnd (actually on BeaverDam side of gap.

Yes sir I know Crawfords camp ground well. Used to go to the East Coast Bronco rides and we started at Crawfords.

Nice work also!!!!!!

Anvil Head

Thanks fellas, just doing what I do.

JC - The new(er) owners at Crawford's have become good friends. They host me putting on a one-day hammer-in event each summer similar to my Trackrock events, only on a smaller scale. I have a lot of serious good friends up in those woods. They tend to wander down to the campground when I light the Dragon and start hitting steel. Good people.