DNR officer for Ossabow?

Helium

Does anyone have a name and/or # for wildlife officers on Ossabow? My 1st trip ever is for Feb hog hunt and I was wanting to ask some questions

So far I have tried the Ossabow WMA with no success. Just an older lady who says she can probably answer my questions BUT her answer is always "I don't know sir... I can try to find out... then asks are there other questions... I ask.. she repeats same idk."

She means we'll BUT is very frustrating to not be able to talk to an officer or agent with true info

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Does anyone have a name and/or # for wildlife officers on Ossabow? My 1st trip ever is for Feb hog hunt and I was wanting to ask some questions

So far I have tried the Ossabow WMA with no success. Just an older lady who says she can probably answer my questions BUT her answer is always "I don't know sir... I can try to find out... then asks are there other questions... I ask.. she repeats same idk."

She means we'll BUT is very frustrating to not be able to talk to an officer or agent with true info

So what's your question?

Blackston

:Where's the road that goes to Harry Hammock:rofl:

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Really just curious about the Jan hunt harvest #s, hog populations since everyone is saying it's way down... and do very many people go over on tues or just wait until Wed.

I would say the majority go over on Tuesday, but with the numbers taken this year being down, there will probably be alot of no-shows.

The Brunswick DNR should know how many hogs were taken on the Jan hunt.

Last edited:

tlee22

Helium. I am in the same boat on if I should go or not. I was at the PW hunt and no one was seeing pig or sign but a few. I lucked up and shot 2 out of the 12 that were killed that week with 80 hunters there. I got drawn for the feb hunt but really wanted to know how the Jan hunt did before I take 4 days off vacation to go down to hunt.

Helium

Helium. I am in the same boat on if I should go or not. I was at the PW hunt and no one was seeing pig or sign but a few. I lucked up and shot 2 out of the 12 that were killed that week with 80 hunters there. I got drawn for the feb hunt but really wanted to know how the Jan hunt did before I take 4 days off vacation to go down to hunt.

Sent you a PM

Helium

Go. The trip is too much fun and takes too many points to miss. Wish my group was drawn this year

No fun if their is very little game to harvest..thinking I will go on deer/hog as my 1st trip since I have enough points to draw it already

Surely then I'd see one or the other