Picked up

I finally got notice that both rifles had arrived and went to pick up both the new gift rifle for this month's hunt and a new M70 yesterday in nearby Kentucky. The gift rifle this year is a Browning AB3 in 7/08 and is topped with a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4 scope with Firedot Duplex reticle.

The 2nd rifle is a toy for me, another M70 with high grade maple furniture. I was so smitten with the M70 Super Grade with high grade maple stock I got a couple months ago, I simply wanted another M70 so decked out, a Featherweight version with nice maple stock. I had also strongly considered a Browning X-Bolt Maple Medallion, but once I found one and called on it, it was already gone. So, the M70 (.308) was then immediately ordered.

Pics of the Browning with the scope already mounted and boresighted. The M70 still remains scope-less while I decide on mounts for the new scope choice for it, a Zeiss Conquest in 3-9x40. I just can't decide on exactly what to use, while already having several other M70s with a variety of bases and mounts. Likely either two piece standard Leupold bases and rings OR bases and rings from Warne.

Attachments

• 0202181427-2.jpg
    0202181427-2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 301
  • AB3  7:08.jpg
    AB3 7:08.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 301
  • M70 Featherweight Maple.jpg
    M70 Featherweight Maple.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Maple 3.jpg
    Maple 3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Maple 2.jpg
    Maple 2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 301

Duff

Love that M70!

georgia_home

That's some fine wood on that one.

Thanks for the comments fellas. I spent a good bit of time looking to find one with the type wood I wanted/preferred. I was also lucky enough to have found a Gun Shop that literally pulled rifles out to take pics and ensure that I got the "right" one...lol.

The gift rifle goes to the range on Tuesday Morning to get sighted in if all works as planned. :flag:

walkinboss01

That M70 sure is pretty!!!

Yes, I did marry her for her looks...lol. I looked for at least as long for this maple stock as the 1st I bought a couple months back, trying to get the nice figure I prefer throughout the entire stock. Lined up next to the 1st, it appears that the Featherweight has a bit stronger fiddleback at the forend, while the SG has it beat in the buttstock area.

Attachments

• Maple X 2.jpg
    Maple X 2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 179