Best Hog Hunter in the Ga,Fl,Al area

baybranch02

Who do u think is the best Hog Hunter in the area? Please dont anyone nominate theirselves, and its not going to be someone who has been hunting for only a couple of years. Finally lets keep this fun without anyone getting angry. I say Plott man Scotty Pitts from Dothan AL is the best in the tri state area and he hunts all three states and has been catching hogs for over 20 years.

crackercurr21

idk i know 100 of people who have been hog hunting, most for more than 15 20 yrs that dont even know how to use the internet so idk i dotn think you could put a best on someones shoulders there are alot more hog hunters than you think

hoghunter102

I dont think there is a best hog hunter if you got good dog and catch hogs ur a hog hunter and a good one but in the state of forida i beleave gil catches the most i've heard of.

JohnE

It's not whose the best hog hunter, it's whose got the best spots to go.

All a man does is let the dogs loose and get places to hunt.

baybranch02

Its ur opinion on who is the best and its for fun. Im not going give a plaque or award or anything. Lol The best places to hunt usually go to the best hunters around here, u have to produce results not just talk a big game.

WolfPack

Banned
Some people tend to forget........it is the dogs that do all the work. And like JohnE said.....if you got a place slap full of hogs.....well then....the dogs have it a bit easy now don't they?

crackercurr21

shoot around hear the best place go to depends who has the deepest pockets. i mean i think the last time i looked fish eating creek was 16,000 or something like that and mizell island is up there too. but i dont know where yall are from but just about every truck has a dog box and if there is a dog box it is for hogs dogs not many people runnin dear or coons around hear

Jester896

Senior Clown
most of them around here have been run so much they know whats coming...just because there are allot around ...they just don't fall to pieces when the dogs come around...they change zip codes if not area codes::gone:... i think the person goes along with the dogs...if you got a fair person with good dogs is he going to catch as many as a good person with better than average dogs:huh:

Broadhead12

Some people tend to forget........it is the dogs that do all the work. And like JohnE said.....if you got a place slap full of hogs.....well then....the dogs have it a bit easy now don't they?

X2 a hunter is as good as his dogs are. the best hunter would be the man with the best dogs and we have discussed numorous times that every hunters opion on a dog is different.

baybranch02

I should have put hunter/dog man. The best hog hunter would have dogs that he has raised and trained not bought. The reason i said should have been hunting for a while is ive saw a lot of hog hunters come in with a bunch of money and buy up a couple of dogs and then get out . We have a lot of hogs in sw GA and they r runners, when deer season goes out i be glad to take some of yall hunting and show u. I can already tell though some people wanted nominate themselves. Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA. I know that it is an opinion on who is the best and i know everybody has hunted with someone who has better dogs than they have if not u aint hunted much!

sghoghunter

I should have put hunter/dog man. The best hog hunter would have dogs that he has raised and trained not bought. The reason i said should have been hunting for a while is ive saw a lot of hog hunters come in with a bunch of money and buy up a couple of dogs and then get out . We have a lot of hogs in sw GA and they r runners, when deer season goes out i be glad to take some of yall hunting and show u. I can already tell though some people wanted nominate themselves. Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA. I know that it is an opinion on who is the best and i know everybody has hunted with someone who has better dogs than they have if not u aint hunted much!
When deer season goes out give me a call I'll go with ya.I like them running hogs.

ThunderRoad

Banned
Well I live next to an old timer who has caught more hogs then he knows what to do with. Honestly, he has killed more of every game than anyone I have ever met. I don't think he even knows what a computer looks like, let alone use one. Heck, I aint ever seen him on a phone. My point is how can I nominate the best when the best are the ones that you never hear about?

baybranch02

Its ur opinion the best u know. Ur neighbor is a prime example i dont know him, but u think hes the best. Great, im sure u mentioning him would make his day.

ThunderRoad

Banned
yeah i am sure he is thrilled, haha. Okay, I nominate "Drunk Jim". Been callin him that since I was a little kid.He's a good ole boy, and loves his Ole Milwaukee and Steel Reserve. LIsten Y'all, with midterm elections here, why don't you go ahead and put in a vote for my man Jim...he's fair, don't say too much, and can mow the heck out of a lawn. Much more than I can say for most in office :)

roperdoc

Best one ever is whoever just called and said "let's go!" LOL
Seriously, had a bunch of great guys help me so far and still teaching me something every time we go. Wouldn't single one out and wouldn't trade a one either.

i dont think there is a best hog hunter but the best dog man slash hog hunter that i know of would have been gene brooks he could take a dog and make it do things most have never seen...

roperdoc

[QUOTE Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA.[/QUOTE]

Most dog men brag on their dogs,not some showboat,(or even truly outstanding) individual. And if you don't think we stick together, check out the forum you're on.

MULE

Well I live next to an old timer who has caught more hogs then he knows what to do with. Honestly, he has killed more of every game than anyone I have ever met. I don't think he even knows what a computer looks like, let alone use one. Heck, I aint ever seen him on a phone. My point is how can I nominate the best when the best are the ones that you never hear about?

yeah i am sure he is thrilled, haha. Okay, I nominate "Drunk Jim". Been callin him that since I was a little kid.He's a good ole boy, and loves his Ole Milwaukee and Steel Reserve. LIsten Y'all, with midterm elections here, why don't you go ahead and put in a vote for my man Jim...he's fair, don't say too much, and can mow the heck out of a lawn. Much more than I can say for most in office :)

These made me laugh out loud. Thanks ThunderRoad, needed that today. I'll throw another vote in for "Drunk Jim". Tell him to have a Ole Milwaukee in Mules honor since he won't be seeing this.