Lots of Plum Creek leases avail !!!!

7Mag Hunter

Just got my new issue of GON, and i was surprised to
see the number of leases avail from Plum Creek under the " I have land to lease" section....
Maybe some folks are shy of Plum Creek, in light of how
they have treated their lease holders this year !!!!

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
They actually called me two days ago to ask why I hadn't renewed my lease. I sent a bank check weeks ago and they hadn't processed it yet!
I hope the GON ads are acurate, I don't think they are

Condor

Lease availability

I wouldn't be surprized if the market for deer hunting leases is softening up. The constant change of rules, ownership, lease rates going up, cost of gasoline, etc has probally discouraged even more hunters. GON ran an article last year which documented the decline in hunter numbers last year from previous seasons.

In the past many club presidents had to come up with some money at lease due time and then try to collect when hunting season started. I'll bet fewer and fewer are willing to do this as the number of hunters goes down.

There is no way the lease rates can continue to go up the way they have in the last several years without a lot of leases going unleased.

Bowhunter24

I would love to see plum creek get stuck with alot of unleased land, the way they treat there lease holders is a joke, charging them for every thing they do, then always putting the land up for bid the next yr, is nuts.

short stop

Bowhunter24 ---Land is not put on the auction block unless the lease is not renenewed or terminated. If you lease it from Plum creek you get 1st renewal rights .

Reguardless I know of 3 diff leases in 3 diff counties that the entire club just tossed in the towel . Plum Creek really tried to cash in on their purchases this yr in the lease market . They charged for campsite and individual campers plus a 30% increase on price per acre o these club tracts . This added up to addinal thousands of dollars ,not pocket change . They are increasing leases thru foodplot increases next yr ,another headache . Id ---expext even more leases on the market next yr .
for all who missed the GON article :http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=1132&cid=84

Last edited:

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
I would love to see plum creek get stuck with alot of unleased land, the way they treat there lease holders is a joke, charging them for every thing they do, then always putting the land up for bid the next yr, is nuts.

That has never happened to me and this will be our fourth year on the Plum Creek land

i was surprised to
see the number of leases avail from Plum Creek under the " I have land to lease" section....

h-m-m-m-m-m, that's interesting because the deadline to pay the lease was May 15 or June 1---there must have been a lot of people sending them back in early and telling them to keep them, if PC was able to list them in GON.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
h-m-m-m-m-m, that's interesting because the deadline to pay the lease was May 15 or June 1---there must have been a lot of people sending them back in early and telling them to keep them, if PC was able to list them in GON.

I believe they payed to have a classified listing in the July GON. Plum Creek still hasn't processed all lease renewals yet and they don't know what is and is not available. Originally their website said the available land would be posted on 7-1. I've called Plum Creek and their voicemail said land would be posted on 7-9 and that was later changed to 7-13.

I've got to get to the bank on Mon. to see if my check cleared to find out if I still have a lease, cause Plum Creek doesn't know :crazy:

one_shot

Plum creek has a person that handles the lease,a person that handles the timber. PC will pull in on a lease opening day & start cutting. They are all about money, it happen in clay co. They jumped on those free ads.

sowega hunter

I had a lease in Clay co. a couple of years ago that sold, get this, about 2 weeks after we paid the lease. We got the notice about 2 weeks after the lease was paid, but it took us about 2 months to get our money back. These are dirty people to deal with.

We dropped our lease from them because of the way we were treated. We had the same property for 20 years and since they purchased it, it has been a hassell. The new Camper and Camping Fee was the iceing on the cake. They are only interested in there $ and as long as hunters keep leasing there property and others like them nothing will change.

7Mag Hunter

Same here, checked the website, and it showed
"no leases avail"....Maybe they are trying to build to
or add to their waiting list......
Talked to my nephew who leases my old Jones County
club, and he said the Plum Creek guy told him he could
plant all the food plots he wanted as long as he offset
the cost of growing trees on the plot areas....
At least $75.00 per year each !!!!
More money-More money-More money !!!!!

Win Mag

I spoke with the person in charge of the hunting lease for PC and he indicated that everything will be posted on the website on 7/13/07.

tommy jacobs

I wouldnt lease from Plum creek if they offered the land at a dollar an acre, we all have to quit leasing from these fools, and let them get stuck with the land a couple of years and they will change there tune, just as we should do to our great Government, if we all stayed home from work for 1 week and didnt pay taxs, the country would shut down, then they would listen ,Fair tax is the only fair tax system then the drug dealer, person on well fair, or prostitude would pay there fair share also.

drhunter1

I wouldnt lease from Plum creek if they offered the land at a dollar an acre, we all have to quit leasing from these fools, and let them get stuck with the land a couple of years and they will change there tune, just as we should do to our great Government, if we all stayed home from work for 1 week and didnt pay taxs, the country would shut down, then they would listen ,Fair tax is the only fair tax system then the drug dealer, person on well fair, or prostitude would pay there fair share also.

Preach on brother, Preach on! It's not just Plumb Creek. Its a lot of the timber companies and the private land owners. They have all gotten greedy! Just like the Govt.

This will be my last year Hunting a 5000 acre lease in Washington County. I wish I hadn't already paid my dues
($1,100) but thats water under the bridge. This is privately owned land and the owners let the rogues on our club do any and everything they want as long as its an outlaw hunter thing to do.

Basically, I plan to hunt public land and go on an out of state hunt from now on. I used to love going to my hunting club every weekend during the season, but I have decided that its not worth putting up with all of the **.

Its sad that the days of the hunting club and deer camp experiences have gone sour, but I will always hunt somwhere if I can.

Fair Tax:cool:

Last edited:

short stop

call me crazy but I counted 168 diff leases avalible Plum creek has listed in Gon under ''I have land for lease '' section in the July issue . I added all listings up co by co . Man thats insane ---I'm sure they have never had this happen before :crazy:

Looks like there will be alot of unleased land this season owned by Plum Creek . I doubt they even blink an eye at it.

hunter44a

Just heard from a coworker that a friend of his paid $3800 for a lease, then went down to hang stands and setup camp. The entire property was clearcut and the camp destroyed.:eek: You reckon the AJC would write an article about what SOME landowners are doing to their lessees and the land. Doubt it!!!:mad:

tommy jacobs

AJC ha ha ha Those bleeding heart liberals probobly own some of that land, they all only care about the allmighty dollar, we hunters are at the bottom of the list for every thing , but our money is used for every thing , Including helping the humane society and those peta fools, the DNR is a joke of payed off fools and the only people dumber than them are we hunters that allow them to use our money to try to stop hunting ??? Its Insane