supplemental feed advice.

drtslngr

our club is in toombs and we have 1500 acres for 10 people. 3 acres in food plots, most of which are fairly small. Half our plots don't appear to have produced much if anything, the ones producing are hammered into oblivion. quite a bit of clear cut in last couple yrs. need more plots but it is timber company. We also put out 100 bags of antler max last yr. We saw the avg doe go from mid 80's to over a 100lbs. That must be mostly from the Antler max as food plots kinda stink. We have taken soil samples last 2 yrs and put out what was told. Don't think we hit rain right. sooo..couple questions.

1. Can you recommend the best link/thread or person to talk to educate ourselves into some fool proof food plots that produce?

2. We seem to have had luck with Antler Max Water Shield. (without the water shield caked and gummed in the gravity feeders) I've read where some say the stuff necessary to make water resistant isn't good 4 deer. (thoughts?) Read a lot about Buck Muscle but not sure how to get it since we are across the state. Any suggestions on what is best in gravity feeders to grow our deer as we will be starting this week with that program.

Bellasdaddy1611

We have been feeding Buck muscle for a year now. Our deer destroy the feed. We have increased buck sightings on camera and in person by probably double. I believe a good trough feeder is the best for deer if your truly trying to keep deer healthy as they need to be able to eat as much and as often as they want. We just put two tons out the other day. The guys at buck muscle also build troughs that will hold 800-1,000 pounds of feed. I know u said your a long ways a way so if you could get a good trough that keeps feed dry I would recommend getting one that hold a lot of feed so you wouldn’t have to go and buy feed nearly as much. The food plots I would recommend white clover.