Finished Up In N.E. Ga

Back40hunter

I tagged out January 5th in Northern Habersham county with a pretty good one for NE Georgia. I can't get credit for being miles away from the road on public land but it is nice to have access to a little private land that doesn't require a 2 hour walk. I got the little 8 point in Stephens county Thanksgiving week. Didn't have to walk far for him either but both these guys required a lot of patience staring at the woods and enjoying the scenery. I was happy to get them both. I did get a mountain buck in NC that wasn't close to the road ( See mountain buck from across the boarder thread). All in all I have been blessed this season. Looking forward to next fall!

Attachments

• IMG_1117 (2).jpg
    IMG_1117 (2).jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,396
  • lb.jpg
    lb.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,396

The mtn man

Nothing wrong with that.

Killer Kyle

You ended up with a freezer full this season, and some nice antlers to boot! Way to finish strong!!

beginnersluck

Nice deer! It's good to have those little private "havens" to be able to hunt. Seems like it's getting harder to find truly private land unless it's your own...and even then, it may not be "private."

Back40hunter

I like your style! I hunt with a 1969 Ruger 308 myself. Love the old tang safeties.

Yes, the top tang safety is sweet. I bought a Ruger American in .270 two seasons ago mainly because of the tang safety, but it isn't near the gun as the 77. But I got the American to hunt on those bad weather days and to take a little wear and tear off my M77 .308. It is beginning to get pretty beat up but I do buy them to use. It is hard to crawl a 1/2 mile through a laurel thicket without scratching something ?

Stroker

Nice deer. I have two old tang safety Rugers, a 77RL in .243 and a 77R in .280. Would love to add a 77RL in .257 Roberts to the group.

Latest posts