Resident hunting only days?

I believe that. I was just thinking that sometimes the status quo remains in effect long after the original intent is gone. Liquor store owners were the second strongest lobby opposing Sunday liquor sales in Georgia. They new they would have the same total sales in seven days they would have had in six and just more overhead. Just saying the motives behind blue laws can get cloudy.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I believe that. I was just thinking that sometimes the status quo remains in effect long after the original intent is gone. Liquor store owners were the second strongest lobby opposing Sunday liquor sales in Georgia. They new they would have the same total sales in seven days they would have had in six and just more overhead. Just saying the motives behind blue laws can get cloudy.

Oh yeah no doubt. Funny how people do things because of "tradition" and they don't even know why it was done in the first place. There was usually some actual reason. Like not allowing alcohol sales on Election Day. Years ago it made (some) sense as an attempt to keep fights and riots from happening. Now it's just silly. The entire voting process has changed as well as how we live daily and our ability to go to town.

humdandy

Banned
We should have landowner hunting only days..........if you own at least 50 ac. of land you get to hunt........:deadhorse:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Snares are even better.

280bst

As for hunting on Sundays unless it's changed it was up to the Sheriff in that county in Ga. There is only one place in Ga. where you can buy Liquor on election day or 24/7 the Hartsfield Atlanta Airport. Nothing to do with this but The Dixie Stampede will always be The Dixie Stampede Period

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

pottydoc

No I think we are saying opening weekend of gun season which would be exactly 2 days. Instead you and your Florida pal said no one should fish for half the year unless your a Florida resident. That's not even rational.

It's akin to taking your ball and going home cause you didn't get your way in a state you don't live in.

But whatever I don't care that much.
April and May are six months? What calander are you using? And if you don't care, why did you bother posting? If I knew HT personally, I would have thought his post was just trolling up some of you Georgia boys. And just by coincidence, he's my brother, so I'm sure that's what it was. Got a couple good hits right away, too. I'm also not sure what I didn't get my way with, either. We've both been hunting Georgia for the last 25 years or so, and buy our licenses every year without complaining. We also don't get on Florida Sportsman, or the FL/GA section of THT, or even the fishing section right here on Woody's and gripe about out of State guys fishing in Florida, either. Maybe some of y'all should try that about non residents in your state.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
April and May are six months? What calander are you using? And if you don't care, why did you bother posting? If I knew HT personally, I would have thought his post was just trolling up some of you Georgia boys. And just by coincidence, he's my brother, so I'm sure that's what it was. Got a couple good hits right away, too. I'm also not sure what I didn't get my way with, either. We've both been hunting Georgia for the last 25 years or so, and buy our licenses every year without complaining. We also don't get on Florida Sportsman, or the FL/GA section of THT, or even the fishing section right here on Woody's and gripe about out of State guys fishing in Florida, either. Maybe some of y'all should try that about non residents in your state.

What's wrong with FloridaSportsman? I prefer Bigbendfishing.net... way better sight..

Hunting Teacher

No I think we are saying opening weekend of gun season which would be exactly 2 days. Instead you and your Florida pal said no one should fish for half the year unless your a Florida resident. That's not even rational.

It's akin to taking your ball and going home cause you didn't get your way in a state you don't live in.

But whatever I don't care that much.
M
No PD I was absolutely not trolling! I was trying to make a legitimate point about this train of thought. I don't troll here. I respect the guys here and really hope some people will consider what they are saying and how much they Think they know about another person because of an arbitrary geographical line.
Pappy Hoel
I was being ridiculous with time obviously.
First off I was making a point which you obviously understood. I'm not the one who started the idea of this way of thinking. Just pointed out how the shoe would feel if you were being told that you aren't wanted in a certain state at a certain time simply because you weren't a resident. This selfish divisiveness is what is going to destroy hunting for the average person one day. Out of curiosity what net hunting effect do you think this would have on overall deer herd health in Georgia? If the answer is very little then I stand my ground. It's simply being punitive. My daughter who's been hunting and spending money for that privilege in Georgia for twelve years now shot her first nice buck on opening morning this year. Those " just two days" could have had a big effect on whether that happened or not. Florida hunters most definitely pay our fair share for the privilege to hunt in your great state. There's way more to it than just a license. It is a sacrifice for all my family to do it every year. But we do it gladly for the amazing opportunity Georgia provides for us to pursue our passion! I never will understand this venom spewed forth by a few that start to seem like a majority.
If you have a passion for any activity in Florida come on down any day any time. Makes zero difference to me if you've a resident or not. The few true southerners left down here will show you some fine Florida hospitality!!

Last edited:

deers2ward

If you were going to restrict non-residents with the intent of benefiting residents, I would say do the opposite in GA! Let non-residents only hunt from Sept to mid-Oct, when leaves are up, buggy and hot as you know what, rut has not started, and doe days are fewer. Reserve late Oct and forward for residents, lifetime license holders, and landowners.

pottydoc

The whole point of this is that a very small percentage of Ga resident hunters believe that anything wrong with deer hunting, either actual or perceived, is somehow the fault of either Florida hunters, or those "Rich hunters from Atlanta". But let one of us say anything about them coming down to fish in Florida, and then you hear a bunch of crying and whining. Maybe Florida should restrict non residents from scalloping the first week or so. Or make the two day mini lobster season for residents only. I know that would man nothing to some of you, but scroll on down to the saltwater fishing section and see what those guys think.
Browning, nothing wrong with FS, I was one of the original members, and still post there. My point there is I never see anyone on their Forum griping about out of state residents coming down to fish, dive, enjoy the beaches, or anything else. Unlike here. I'll check out the big bend forum, never been on that site before.