Webinar on Fishing The NED RIG!!

CaptainSolo

Hey GON gang!

I have a new set of free webinars coming down the pike, and the very first one is : "A Finesse Fishing Revolution: Fishing The NED RIG!"

This webinar is slated for January 20th at 8pm EST and is going to be a lot of fun and full of great information on this popular tactic.

To sign up, all you have to do is click on the link, register, and show up at the date above!

OH.....and there is going to be a bunch of giveaways too, so don't miss out!!

https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3vnDgxt5Ss6p1NDP6W2JTA

Attachments

• IMG_7044.jpg
    IMG_7044.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 549

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Will do! The Ned rig is the only thing I'm getting bites on right now. Even with ice on the water. Still looking to perfect it though

ThomasCobb123

*yawn*

Nothing new to see here.
Just a takeoff on old Charlie Brewer's 'do nothing' Slider worm method.
Been around for years and years.

Last edited:

Burton

Not familiar with that, but I would assume the plastic lasts 10X longer. I have never caught so many fish as when I started fishing the ned rig. They aren't big, but they are numerous. The perfect bait for unexperienced fisherman/kids to enjoy "catching".

TripleXBullies

Despite scouring the internet for hours in the past and fishing the ned rig quite a bit I am still going to try to tune in.

I got the single best piece of advice that I've ever gotten before from a buddy in December. Heat your hook with a lighter before you thread the TRD on and it won't snag up on the keeper. It goes right over, straight to the head.

crankie

Despite scouring the internet for hours in the past and fishing the ned rig quite a bit I am still going to try to tune in.

I got the single best piece of advice that I've ever gotten before from a buddy in December. Heat your hook with a lighter before you thread the TRD on and it won't snag up on the keeper. It goes right over, straight to the head.

Thx. I assume you heat the whole hook, not just the sharp part. Correct? Also, does this help any with it staying on good after some use or do you still have to use super glue to help with that?

TripleXBullies

I just heat it through the bed, not all the way up to the keeper. I think it softens the material enough to let the keeper slide slide through once it gets there. I fished it for maybe 10% of my last tournament, changed colors once and it never came down at all without any super glue. I think when the keeper doesn't just stretch the material, it actually functions like a keeper is supposed to.