Pets At Hunting Camp

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dog person here. I’ve always had a dog. One sitting in the chair with me as I type. That being said I would never take my dog anywhere where I think that there is any question wether he is welcome or not. Nowadays folks think their dog should go with them everywhere including businesses and automatically think that the dog is welcome. I’m here to tell you that it’s not. Dont take your dog into a business unless it’s the vet or Petsmart unless you know it’s welcome. This should apply to hunting camps too. If other people at camp have a problem with your dog, don’t take it unless you make “all”the rules. Too many people, especially melinials refer to their dog as their “baby” now and think they are equal to humans. They’re not ! They’re dogs

garveywallbanger

Im ok with pets that dont make noise or bother gear and possessions...like a pet rock would be ok or an aquarium. No dogs or cats unless they contribute to the hunting.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No issue at all with dogs. I've had several over the years, inside and outside, and hace had some that went to camp with me and I talk about getting one to travel with me every year, but then I remember that it won't do so well for that long on the road with that many different living environments.

I have issues with people that don't have respect for other people's lives amd automatically think that their way is the right way.

Such as standing in line at walmart and listening to the parent tell the screaming kid they are going to count to 10 for the 3rd time. Say something to the parent and they act like you are the problem.

Same thing for the woman that constantly brings her dog into the store while getting her or her hubbys oil changed. It pees or poops in the floor about every 2nd trip. Receptionist asked her to clean it up and she lady asked to speak to her manager and said and i somewhat quote 'she spends good money here and her dog is like family and that the receptionist disrespected her family that she'll no longer do business here". that's not ok

I agree with all that. I hate all the scenarios you are describing myself. If you are going to take either your dog or kid anywhere, they should behave. And the think their way is the only way goes both ways. If there is a well-behaved dog or kid in camp, and everybody there except that one old curmudgeon doesn't have any problem at all with it but it's a major issue for him, maybe it's the old curmudgeon instead of the dog or kid. :)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If there is a well-behaved dog or kid in camp, and everybody there except that one old curmudgeon doesn't have any problem at all with it but it's a major issue for him, maybe it's the old curmudgeon instead of the dog or kid. :)

Very true, unless it happens that he is the only one being honest and the others just put up with it to keep the peace :biggrin2: ::gone:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Same thing for the woman that constantly brings her dog into the store while getting her or her hubbys oil changed. It pees or poops in the floor about every 2nd trip. Receptionist asked her to clean it up and she lady asked to speak to her manager and said and i somewhat quote 'she spends good money here and her dog is like family and that the receptionist disrespected her family that she'll no longer do business here". that's not ok

We would fire her on the spot as our customer at my place of business.:bounce:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I've never had a problem with it.

I'm training my 8 month old German Shepherd to track deer. He's doing very well. I'm sure he will be welcomed in camp next season. LOL

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Why allow one person to disrespect all other members by bringing their stinking pet to camp?

DAVE, you might need to try petting the other end of the dog.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We would fire her on the spot as our customer at my place of business.:bounce:

Amazes me how many people bring their dogs into a dealership while shopping for cars or while getting service. I see it weekly. While most of the dogs are well behaved, you're still bringing a dog into a place of business :huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Amazes me how many people bring their dogs into a dealership while shopping for cars or while getting service. I see it weekly. While most of the dogs are well behaved, you're still bringing a dog into a place of business :huh:

Even better is the dog in the grocery store. I have seen this several times lately. And one in a baby stroller at Walmart.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

ditto !

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
So those that see no problem with it, how would you feel if every member brought their dogs to camp

As long as they didn't yap at the moon all night and poop where the humans walk.No problems here.

red neck richie

So those that see no problem with it, how would you feel if every member brought their dogs to camp

As long as they don't become a nuisance I could care less. I personally don't bring mine because I am there to hunt not look after a dog. But if others want to go for it.

rydert

Blue Heeler man
Dog person here. I’ve always had a dog. One sitting in the chair with me as I type. That being said I would never take my dog anywhere where I think that there is any question wether he is welcome or not. Nowadays folks think their dog should go with them everywhere including businesses and automatically think that the dog is welcome. I’m here to tell you that it’s not. Dont take your dog into a business unless it’s the vet or Petsmart unless you know it’s welcome. This should apply to hunting camps too. If other people at camp have a problem with your dog, don’t take it unless you make “all”the rules. Too many people, especially melinials refer to their dog as their “baby” now and think they are equal to humans. They’re not ! They’re dogs
pretty much sums it up....
DAVE, you might need to try petting the other end of the dog.
:bounce::bounce: ouch...

southerndraw

pets have took over this country so I guess they might as well take over the deer camp there more important than people, sickening to me
Kinda like how kids are nowadays, I've seen so many of my kids friends run the households...16 yr old driving a 50,000 Lexus and mom's driving junk to work to pay for the Lexus, dog's ok in camp if they don't bother anyone else.