Dodge, Telfair, Wheeler counties

Bowhunter24

Well it was a tiring weekend, and if it wasnt for Karl and kevin coming over to help me there is no way i could have got my foodplots in, so a HUGE thanks goes out to them. As far as hunting goes, i did see a small 7pt opening morning, but i let him walk, it was good to see a deer though. Hunted that afternoon and didnt see anything. Nobody else saw anything either, i wouldnt doubt it though with the tractor and 4wheelers running all weekend, prolly spooked them for a bit. Did see 3 fresh rubs and a fresh scrape. If the hurricane keeps headin west i will go back up this weekend.

horsecreek

got 2 small plots in. A ton of deer are held up on the 300 acres next to me. He planted peas 4 weeks ago and they are up almost a foot and the deer are pounding them. He also hung alluminum pie plates in the road from a limb and it held the deer off enogh to get up. tracks everywhere and they are staying there. not crossing back over to the 100acres as normall. I cant win for loosing....Im going to have a talk with landowner in the next few weeks about clearing some 1/2 areas when they thin it in the next 1-2 yrs. I will pay more as he makes 1000.00 an acre for pole pines but thats over a 30yr time so it shouldnt go up much. It would be great to have 2-3 1/2acre or 2 1 acre plots. also to havethe old roads in their re made so a tractor can access them. seeing the deer on those peas and the amount of deer-different sized tracks all up a 400yd rd. and the holding power of them!!!!
plenty of acorns in tress and some on ground. saw one doe bedded up next to a small down pine while walking out sunday am. she was looking right at me but didnt smell me- I was very supprised and glad to know the white lightning was working. I got off a shot but arrow deflected of branch. strands are full of running water. got most stands placed and hope to be back for ealry gun...

Mrbowdeadly

Karl and Kevin,

Thanks so much for your help planting on our lease. Work kept me away this weekend and Travis was on his own. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to sharing a fire with yall again.

MBD

Bowhunter24

me and MBD are headin up tomm afternoon, hope to let yall know we stuck one when we get back :cool:

horsecreek

good luck.
I wil have to wait for gun to get back. got a 4 day trip planned for last weekend in oct. last yr it was getting good at that time. \hope my plots got some rain on them.

EDIT----

Whats up with SCH- Anyone heard from him? cant remember If he was on after frances spun on by..

Last edited:

Bowhunter24

Well just got back it was a pretty good weekend, it was awsome this morning nice and cool, temp was 59. I saw a spike last night and then this morning i missed a big 9pt :banginghe he jumped my bowstring, i dont remebr my bow being loud but something has happened to it, so gotta take care of that. Mrbowdeadly saw a nice buck and 3 does so he was happy, deer were really moving last night and this morning. SCH went up to ga opening weekend but he said when he got back he had to go work in idaho so maybe he hasnt got back yet ::huh:

horsecreek

that stinks missing but thats what drives us back. it was very nice weekend indeed. glad yall saw deer and bucks to boot.
were you playing jumprope with a buck? :eek: ::huh: :whip: :whip:

Donkeytoe

Finally Got Back

Well as you can see i have changed my name. SCH is no longer and Donkeytoe has arrived. I will explain the meaning one day . I got back from Idaho this weekend and am glad to be back. Will be in the woods this coming weekend. How did your plots turn out BH24? Hope the rain didn't wash them out. I managed to be in Idaho for the elk bow season so that just got my blood flowing. BH24 got my tail cam pics and have a nice one of some turkeys (3 beards) and lots of racoons. May need to go coon hunting one of these times up there. sorry to hear about your 9 point miss. where were you sitting? Was it over that scrape you were bragging about? I don't know who will be going up this weekend besides me. Any plans to go up this weekend? How about you HC - any action over your way? Any damage from the storm up there? WBH24 - how big was he? I thought there were not any big deer on that piece of land :bounce: :bounce: . BAck to work gotta go - more forums to surf. I have a weeks worth of reading to do ::gone: ::gone:

Bowhunter24

What made u come up with donkeytoe???? LOL. Our plots came up so- so i might have to resseed, i think the turkeys did a # on them i got video one afternoon in my stand of about 20 hens eating away in the plot where that bar broke on the disc. I missed the buc about 60yds from where that scape i told u about was, i was in my stand and i saw a pine tree moveing back and forth and i looked at the bottom of the tree and there he was tearing that tree up. he was bigger than the buck i shot last year and that one scored 124 and some change so i would say he was 125-130 class big body, and dark heavy rack. makes me feel better about our lease than i did, its hard when u leave and excellent lease and on a new one cause of the expecations ya know. Yes i am going up, me and my grandpa are leaving tomm night and my uncle will be there also, we will be there till sun morning, if ya need anything or a trailing dog just come over we will be there.

Donkeytoe

Come on weekend....

BH24 - good look this weekend. I enjoyed hearing your missed 9-point story first hand. Sorry about the luck since he was bigger than the 8 you shot last year (which was really nice). At least you know the new lease is good! I cannot wait to hunt this weekend. the food plots will be two weeks old and I will actually get to spend the entire weekend hunting. May actually see something now that we gave things time to settle down. How about you HC - you going up this weekend. Looks like this weekend will only be two of us at the lease. I can't wait. Hope to have to borrow your dog this weekend to do some tracking. When is Max Williams have the BBQ? Is it opening weekend of gun? Would like to meet him. Will see you this weekend. MAy need you to take the pictures of me with my GON buck :D :D :D . Doesn't cost anything to dream............... :bounce:

Bowhunter24

Now if ur GON truckbuck looks to be bigger than the GON truckbuck im gonna shoot, i will not let u use our dogs to find hime :bounce: im just playing with ya, i hope yall do get some deer to track this weekend our dogs need some work. Hid BBQ is opening of gun weekend that sat. Hope its nice and cool this weekend, after i type this post im hittin the shower and headin up there, it will be all 5 of us this weekend so something should die lol. If there is no deer to track or anything will prolly go to Carrs sat night if we do we will swing by see if ya wanna go. Good luck :shoot:

Bowhunter24

Dang Hurricane

Well thanks to that hurricane we came home sat mid day. It was slow MBD saw a 4 pt, and i saw a button buck sat morning. Man there was a billion mosqitos. Well we put the cameras out and we are going up opening muzzleloader hopefully it will be cool. Scrapes are startin to pop up here and there so looks like there moving around, we will find out in 2 weeks.

Donkeytoe

food plots

hey,

check out the pics of the foodplots on the food plot forum. put two of them up. the hill and the pooper plot. Thanks for he help BH24. Found a good rub too. Will post next for you to dream about.. ::; ::;

Donkeytoe

Look what I found

Just something to get your blood pumping. I have set my stand about 20 yards from here. Also a large pile of buck poop near it. My new honey hole if I can stand the mosquitos.. Now it's up to me :banginghe :banginghe

Attachments

• 100_0531a.jpg
    100_0531a.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 197

Bowhunter24

Food plots are lookin good donkeytoe, nice rub also, ours are coming up ok, that big one we planted is lookin great i will see if i can get a pic posted of it. We over seeded some of the smaller plots, so with jeanne going up there maybe it will grow before the turkeys tear it up.Not gonna go back up till opening of muzzleloader im ready to break out the smokepole, i have found 2 spots that i have some confidence in so we will see what happens, We have 4 cameras out now so will see whats running around in 2 weeks also.

Donkeytoe

Cold front coming this weekend. Wish I was going up. Next week looks great as well. Winter is coming....I feel it. HC you going this weekend?

Bowhunter24

Anybody else going up for muzzleloader. MBD just cannot wait till he hears them booms in the morning next sat i bet :bounce: he is not very fond of the boomsticks LOL

Donkeytoe

i'm going

I think i'll be there with the stick and string. Tell Mr BD he can hang with us non muzzlers. We'll be going about it the old fashion way, at least for one more weekend. I'll be sitting right next to that large rub I posted. Hope I can see past the foodplots. They ought to be about 2 feet tall after all that rain from Jeanne. Now I need some cold weather - help a brother out :D :D

horsecreek

not going up. got too many games this w/e with kids.
Im waiting for opening gun. will have 4 days that w/e.

good luck...

Mrbowdeadly

Everytime one of those guns booms, I hit the side of a tree chatterin like a squirrel. I got my new outback, so I may just hunt with that all year. Careful donkeytoe, when you invite someone to hunt your property, its like letting someone sit in your stand, thats when big daddy gets smacked.
I will be cruising up Wed. I reckon I will be hunting by myself since Bowhunter24 has to move his daughter in. Hopefully I don't run into that huge rattler that Techno got pics of last week. Over six feet long and he didn't have anything to kill it with.

IT LIVES!!!!!

MBD