Bears got to the feeders.....

Well, went out to the property this weekend to find that some unwelcomed visitors had made stops at two of our feeders in Washington county. Had heard of bear sightings close by 2 years ago, but this is a first on our place, and we have been here 10+ years. Seems to be two different bears for now. For those of you that have had bears in your neck of the woods before, how has it affected your deer movement...... I can only assume, and right before bow opener. Not what I was hoping to see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 2,855

kevincox

I had 1 on cam weeks ago in Hancock. Once he showed up my deer pics decreased to almost 0. Finally just stopped putting out feed

No peekin

Had the same thing happen in Washington county,they seemed to come through about this time each year,but moved on pretty quickly.

PappyHoel

Stop feeding immediately. Those bears will hang until the food is gone and run the deer off. If given the chance they will eat a fawn quicker than a yote. If those bears are legal kill them.

markland

Lot's of trouble with them in Twiggs Co. once the bears show up at the feeders we only get pics of bears and big boars, they keep the deer run off and smaller pigs as well.

Bucaramus

They will visit out feeders in Wilkinson County every now and then. Will stay for a little while and then leave. The deer seem to come right back after the bears leave. I think we have 3 on our place and no bear season!

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
cool pics . Hope they let yall b. Have not seen any on our place yet in Wilkinson but hear they are close.Had a feeder or two destroyed but hunter did not have camera on it.

Ihunt

That second bear looks like he needs to eat a lot of something. The first bear looks as though he ate it all.