is this doe pregnant?

TenPtr

No doubt about it. Bred in late february or early March. Not uncommon at all despite popular belief. According to most GA deer "experts" on this forum, the rut often never even occurs where they hunt or if it does take place....it lasts for a few days and then comes to a screeching hault and/or ends abrubtly on a certain day... A day in which does were seen without any bucks trailing them and/or when recently active scrapes become hidden amongst fallen leaves. These hunters take the GON rut map dates wayyyyy to literal. The rut starts with the first doe in heat and ends with the last. Does are bred from bow season on into turkey season. The rut "peaks" at specific times per specific areas across the state, but it isnt "over" until the last estrous doe throws in the towel.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
If she's not she needs to lay off the corn sammiches.

RockyMountainBasser

Indeed stagnated and looks to be about to pop. You should be getting photos of her with a pair of fawns very soon. I have seen fawns with spots at our property in Chattooga Co. the week prior to gun season.....that was 2 years ago when it happened.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
it__s_not_a_tumor_by_cowboypickle-d4qxa9m.jpg

coachT

Several years ago, we had a very small and very spotted fawn on our place at Thanksgiving. Only thing we could figure was mom was a late fawn the year before so she didn't get bred until she was "of age".

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I have seen antlered bucks chasing does during late March early April on a couple of occasions.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Indeed stagnated and looks to be about to pop. You should be getting photos of her with a pair of fawns very soon. I have seen fawns with spots at our property in Chattooga Co. the week prior to gun season.....that was 2 years ago when it happened.

I agree that based on the size of this doe's stomach, she very well may have a set of twins. Hopefully, they can survive the winter months and will become healthy deer for years to come. I hope if that happens that you might continue to get some trail cam photos of them to share with us as well.