Best Rifle Scope Under $200.00?

geordie

Title says it all. I have always liked Leupold but, I have two Burris scopes that look brighter and seem to have better resolution.
Your milage may vary.
Geordie

fishndinty

I like the Barksa Huntmaster Pro series...they are awesome for the money.

NOYDB

BANNED
Bushnell elite 3200
Mueller
Simmons Aetec or other Master Series
Burris
Nikon
Pentax (made by Burris)
Sightron
Millet
and yes Leupold. Their basic scope is still a good scope.

There's really too many to list.

Burris is a great choice compared to leupolds. I own a pair, but not proud of it. Check out the Swift Premier Series...this is my favorite for rifles, while the 1.5-6x40 is my favorite for cantilever shotguns.

http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=205-659M

Also the Pentax makes a good scope if it is not going on a very big gun like a 338 or a 300RUM. I got a pair of them on guns and another sitting on the floor of my gun cabinet waiting for a gun to jump on. Here is the link to the Pentax, and this site is one of the better ones for prices...

http://www.eabco.com/pentaxscopes.html

Buzz

I'd either get a Bushnell Elite 3200 or a Leupold VX I. I don't recommend Burris because of my horrible experiences with their customer service.

R

redneckcamo

a walmart Leupold would get the nod from me fer 200 clams...an mite just do that real soon too ......

SnowHunter

Nikon makes some good inexpensive scopes, as does Bushnell and Barska. We've used them and had good luck :cheers:

Dub

Of the scopes that I've used in that price range, the 3200 would be my "hands down" choice.

I had an Aetec, too, it did well but the 3200 was a bit brighter....in my opinion.

308 WIN

Leupold VX-I or Nikon Buckmasters, in that order, are the only two scopes I would ever consider in your price range.

Jason280

I'm sorry, but there is not a single new Leupold under $200 I would waste my money on. You are much better off going with a Bushnell Elite 3200, Burris Fullfield II, or Nikon Buckmasters. These scopes are head and shoulders above the Leupold Rifleman and VX-1 series of scopes.

A guy I know has a Nikon Buckmaster on a 300 WIN MAG. He's had to ship it back to the company at least twice, maybe three times, because the lenses keep fogging internally. Each time, they either fixed it or sent a new one. I would have give up after the second one failed. It aint worth possibly missing a chance at the buck of a lifetime to save a few bucks.

jbarron

BANNED
Last year, I put a Bushnell 3200 on a 30.06 I refurbished and like it better than the Nikon Monarch on my 7mm08. For the money, the 3200 is hard to beat. I purchased the scope on the internet for less than $150 shipped.

TJay

I'm about to order a Swift Premier 2 x 7 x 40 for my ML, I'll post a "first impression" in hunting gear when I get it.

A guy I know has a Nikon Buckmaster on a 300 WIN MAG. He's had to ship it back to the company at least twice, maybe three times, because the lenses keep fogging internally. Each time, they either fixed it or sent a new one. I would have give up after the second one failed. It aint worth possibly missing a chance at the buck of a lifetime to save a few bucks.

i just got rid rid of a buckmasters 4x12x50, didn't care for it at all! would never get another one

It's Me

Burris is a great choice compared to leupolds. I own a pair, but not proud of it. Check out the Swift Premier Series...this is my favorite for rifles, while the 1.5-6x40 is my favorite for cantilever shotguns.

http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=205-659M

Also the Pentax makes a good scope if it is not going on a very big gun like a 338 or a 300RUM. I got a pair of them on guns and another sitting on the floor of my gun cabinet waiting for a gun to jump on. Here is the link to the Pentax, and this site is one of the better ones for prices...

http://www.eabco.com/pentaxscopes.html

Where are the Swift scopes made?

Dennis.