Screws in my foot.

GA DAWG

I had a plate and 4 screws in my ankle..One deer season it started hurting like crap! I gritted my teeth and finished deer season..Went to docter and he said no problem.One is just backing out! I told him to get that stuff out of me because it had hurt off and on for 5 yrs...He told me that I would be outta work only one day and the surgery would take about 20min..He gets in there and I have staff infection everywhere!!!!! Takes a 4 hr surgery cause he had to scrap the bones off and get as much of it out as possible..Said the staff was in my ankle laying dormant since the first surgery:huh: I was outta work 2 weeks with a drain hanging out the side of my leg..Best thing I ever did was having all that stuff removed..It never hurts anymore!! If yours ever starts hurting.Go to the DR then! Dont wait 3 months like I did..They said I was very lucky it had not spread..

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Being your foot.........I would lean toward taking them out. I broke my foot in 3 places. Still bothers me a bit but no screws.

Robert

contender*

I had a plate and 4 screws in my ankle..One deer season it started hurting like crap! I gritted my teeth and finished deer season..Went to docter and he said no problem.One is just backing out! I told him to get that stuff out of me because it had hurt off and on for 5 yrs...He told me that I would be outta work only one day and the surgery would take about 20min..He gets in there and I have staff infection everywhere!!!!! Takes a 4 hr surgery cause he had to scrap the bones off and get as much of it out as possible..Said the staff was in my ankle laying dormant since the first surgery:huh: I was outta work 2 weeks with a drain hanging out the side of my leg..Best thing I ever did was having all that stuff removed..It never hurts anymore!! If yours ever starts hurting.Go to the DR then! Dont wait 3 months like I did..They said I was very lucky it had not spread..

I guess I was never to have a choice after all. Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Went to the Doc. Now I get to go visit the hospital AGAIN to have the metal removed. They think the metal is causing the infection.. Goody, goody!!!!!!!:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

GA DAWG

I guess I was never to have a choice after all. Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Went to the Doc. Now I get to go visit the hospital AGAIN to have the metal removed. They think the metal is causing the infection.. Goody, goody!!!!!!!:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe
It will feel the best it has since you did it once you get that crap outta your leg!!!

contender*

It will feel the best it has since you did it once you get that crap outta your leg!!!

I sure hope so. Thanks for all the advice!

17 screws and 2 plates in my wrist and arm due to tackling an S10 pick-up while attached to a Harley....Leave them alone, They hurt when its cold, they hurt when it rains,they hurt when you bump them, but they don't hurt bad enough for me to let a doctor cut on me again....