Henderson's restaurant Covington

Jody Hawk

Unless some miracle happens, Henderson's Restaurant will be closing soon after more than 60 years in business. State DOT is widening Hwy.36 and the road work will take most of their parking area. I'm sure gonna miss the place, we've been going there all my life. I'll especially miss the fried chitterling suppers. I'm loading up the family tonight for some fried catfish and hushpuppies. Just hoping it is not our last dinner there.

http://www.covnews.com/section/13/article/201681/

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Been by there many times but never ate there. Sad it's closing because of the road

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Dad told me about this yesterday. I can't believe they didn't make enough money in 60 yrs to find another location nearby to set up shop in. :huh:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I hunt just down the road. Will be sad to see it go if it does go under.

3ringer

Rio Vista and now Hendersons. Life just isn't worth living anymore.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Big7

The Oracle
I went there a BUNCH when my grandmother was alive.
She loved that place.

It's the only place I ever ate chitterling. I liked the fried better than the soft boiled.

I have ate my weight several times there on catfish and
fried oysters.

Need to go there before it closes.

WHAT A SHAME after 60 years.. :banginghe

rjcruiser

Dad told me about this yesterday. I can't believe they didn't make enough money in 60 yrs to find another location nearby to set up shop in. :huh:

It's family run and none of the grandkids want to keep it going is my guess. The county pays for the right of way....they let everyone know they are going to close and are busy for the last 2-3 months...good clean break....and don't have to worry about trying to find a new location.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Went by there yesterday. It looked like they were closed already. Anybody know when the do close

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Went by there yesterday. It looked like they were closed already. Anybody know when the do close

I was there last night. It was a one hour wait for a good size group of folks. They don't open til 4pm. No idea on the official close date, they wouldn't commit when asked.

rjcruiser

I was there last night. It was a one hour wait for a good size group of folks. They don't open til 4pm. No idea on the official close date, they wouldn't commit when asked.

The reason they don't have a date is because it is all depending on when the DOT shuts down their right of way that they are currently using for a parking lot. When they do that, they're going to close.

Horns

Kinda hard to believe that they don't re-open in another spot close to that area. I understand about the grandkids not wanting to keep it going though.

MariettaDawg

Unless some miracle happens, Henderson's Restaurant will be closing soon after more than 60 years in business. State DOT is widening Hwy.36 and the road work will take most of their parking area. I'm sure gonna miss the place, we've been going there all my life. I'll especially miss the fried chitterling suppers. I'm loading up the family tonight for some fried catfish and hushpuppies. Just hoping it is not our last dinner there.

http://www.covnews.com/section/13/article/201681/

I've been by there several times over that past few years and they've never been open.

LTZ25

They obviously don't want to open in another spot , maybe they want to retire after selling the parking lot to the state . Good for them !!!!

GrlsHnt2

When I was in high school, it was always busy. When my kids were little, 15 years ago, all three dining rooms were always full and there was sometimes a wait. For the past few years, only the main dining room is used and the prices have gone up. They haven't done much to attract new business from the young folks moving in to the area. The only people my age that go are the ones who grew up around here and know the reputation. Their original clients are all passing away. I think the cost of relocating far outweighed current profits. I can definitely see a trend of slowing business there in the past 20 years.