Randy Cooper at Nontypical Archery needs help for his son Jeff

1crazybowhunter

My son Jeff Cooper was stricken with a massive stroke in ''05. It left him disabled and has lived with my wife and me since then. Four weeks ago when we got snow and ice, he began having a series of Gran mal seizures. He had 11 total. He was transported to the hospital, medication was adjusted for the seizures and was sent home. He began having them again so regularly that they were an hour apart. He again was transported by ambulance to Kennestone in Marietta and has been there since. He spent a week on the Neurological floor where he underwent every kind of test a human being can submit to including a spinal tap. They found that radiation treatments he'd been given back in '91 when he had a tennis ball size tumor removed from his brain, against the brain stem, had been the cause of all the trouble including the stroke he's just had. Thankfully to God, he has made it through all they tried to do for him and is now on the inpatient rehab floor. Just today, the 22nd, the doctors have discovered another blood clot in the groin area. We don't know what they will do going forward. It may mean another surgery to remove it or try to treat it with blood thinners. We just don't know. Right now, he's lost the mobility of his left side but he is doing better each day with the help of his team of therapists.
We, his family are in a bad place and we are humbly asking for help of any kind to help cover costs of his care that are ranging into the $200,000 range and that's not including doctors bills.
My daughter Jesse Padgett has set up a GO FUND ME PAGE account on facebook. It can be reached by going to Nontypical Archery and find the link or if you're not a facebook user, go to facebook and put in your user name and password, go to the search bar and put in Nontypical Archery. To the countless clients and friends I've made through my business and others that know me and Jeff, I want to say a huge thankyou in advance. We hate to be in a position to even ask for help but we are at the end of our rope and don't know what else to do. Anything anyone of you can do would be so very much appreciated. God bless the bowhunters and friends I've made over the years.
If all this wasn't enough, I've had to take an extended hietus from my work at the shop because of having to have the most extensive shoulder surgery I've ever had. It is still going to take about 3 more months to fully heal and get my strength back so I can continue tuning bows.
If anyone wants to contact me directly, call 678-361-4106. Thanks again to the best bunch of folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with and associating with. In every case, I've made a new friend. Thanks for anything you can do to help my son and best hunting buddy. In the end, what we need most of all is the thoughts and prayers of everyone reading this for the Cooper family. I've witnessed that if enough people pray for the same thing, God will hear them and act. We need his grace, healing power, and love like never before.
Thanks...Randy

Last edited:

1crazybowhunter

Jeff needing help

Thank you so much!

BowanaLee

Dangit man, prayers sent for all involved. ::;