Georgia Vehicle Ad Valorem Tax

Buckaroo93

Pardon my brain flatulence...

If my tag expires in Nov 2018, did the ad valorem tax I paid in Nov 2017 apply to tax year 2017 or 2018?

:banginghe

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
On your tax bill, it will state that these taxes are (due on whatever your actual birthday is) on like maybe in your case, November 15th for instance. It also states down a little bit below as it shows the:

Tag Fee $ 20.00
2017 Ad Valorem Tax $ XXX.XX
Mail Fee $ 1.00
Total Due $ XXX.XX

Since your tag is good until November 2018, that meant that you paid your 2017 Ad Valorem taxes back last November by the date of your birthday and hopefully you were now penalized for being late. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that these taxes are due by the end of the month of their birthday BUT THEY ARE DUE BY YOUR ACTUAL BIRTHDAY.

Your Ad Valorem taxes for 2018 are not due until your next birthday coming up sometime in November of 2018 which will be for your 2018 calendar year taxes.

Hope this information helps you.

I can assure you that just because I have very dear friend that is a County Tax Commissioner here in Georgia, she doesn't cut me any slack at all on my taxes each year BUT I still Love Her. :love::love::love:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I can assure you that just because I have very dear friend that is a County Tax Commissioner here in Georgia, she doesn't cut me any slack at all on my taxes each year BUT I still Love Her.

Everybody needs to be loved.Even the Tax Commissioner!!!:love::love::love:

Oldstick

If you are talking about claiming the taxes as a deduction on your income taxes, I think it is whatever year you paid them in, 2017.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I can assure you that just because I have very dear friend that is a County Tax Commissioner here in Georgia, she doesn't cut me any slack at all on my taxes each year BUT I still Love Her.

Everybody needs to be loved.Even the Tax Commissioner!!!:love::love::love:

She and I have been loving each other since way back throughout our high school school days. We even had season tickets together for UGA Football for many years and she sat on one side of me (along with her now ex-husband) and my wife and daughter sat on the other side of me. Heck, I don't know about UGA but I think that I won EVERY home game back in those days. :love::love::love: