How bad did I do on this gun

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Camo Mossberg 500A 12 gauge pump with sling and three boxes of 3” turkey load, 24” vented barrel. Buddy bought new in December and we shot two boxes of bird shot through it. I don’t know what he gave for it but he needed some cash flow and offered to me for $175.

I’m finding different prices $200 to $249 but having trouble finding this gun. I wouldn’t think he’d have much more than that in it and let it go after just getting it in December.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'd say you did pretty good. :smash:

I kept telling my wife this but......

Gun values fool me though. Unless it’s something that I’m hunting and know what new and used are bringing....I usually don’t bite on “deals”. But in this case, he needed cash and wasn’t asking for a loan.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Wally (World) usually has the best price on the regular wood stock model 500 right at $250.00 Imagine any of the camo models retail well above $ 300. Curious about the 24" barrel on yours, which camo is it, does it have the fiber optic sight?

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/500/500-hunting/

My wife's favorite is her Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge, regular wood stock, 26" barrel. (Hope this helps...):stir:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Wally (World) usually has the best price on the regular wood stock model 500 right at $250.00 Imagine any of the camo models retail well above $ 300. Curious about the 24" barrel on yours, which camo is it, does it have the fiber optic sight?

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/500/500-hunting/

My wife's favorite is her Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge, regular wood stock, 26" barrel. (Hope this helps...):stir:
No fiber optic sight. Not sure what this camo pattern is.

Attachments

• D7C481A9-D9AA-4191-A615-00FC4BEA6A70.jpeg
    D7C481A9-D9AA-4191-A615-00FC4BEA6A70.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 742

ScottD

I kept telling my wife this but......

Reminds me of something I heard once.... of course this doesn't apply to me....

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

biggdogg

That's the old woodlands camo. That shotgun likely goes for $299 at Wal-Mart. Give or take...

JHannah92

I've had that gun in that camo for many years. I wouldn't sell mine for that low of a price, I'd say you got a good deal.

Jester896

Senior Clown
is that hand painted?

price looks in line for a 500...he didn't give it away and you didn't steal it :D

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Should be factory painted, but had a spray type pattern like you did it a home. This 500A was offered, I guess before the "dipped" camo versions today. I read the OP's post "vented" to mean vent rib barrel. The Woodlands Camo 500A had a 24" barrel, ported, and vented rib with white bead sight, synthetic stock and forend (non-ribbed). It's not on the Mossberg site anymore.

Anyhow, a 500 is a 500, and it looks to be a good deal. Example of an old auction:
http://www.armslist.com/posts/2773460/columbus-ohio-shotguns-for-sale--mossberg-500-12ga-camo-ported-shotgun:flag:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
As long as I didn’t get ripped......I’m good lol

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I own a lot of guns but once a 500 was my only gun and I hunted everything with it successfully. I took it turkey hunting this morning because I just trust it more than the others.

rosewood

Good deal!!