Marlin 35 Remington - Update

biggdogg

I've got a '69 336 in .35 and an '81 in .30-30. These are easily my favorites. I'm working on building up funds so I can start looking for a .45-70 and a .444 to go with them.

tcward

Killed first deer a 7 pointer in Oglethorpe county 1977 when i was 15 with 336 open sights. Still hunt with one although not my original one which i sold back in 80s . Anyone else having trouble finding the 200 gr ammo now also.

Sportsman’s Guide has the Hornady on sale.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I've got a '69 336 in .35 and an '81 in .30-30. These are easily my favorites. I'm working on building up funds so I can start looking for a .45-70 and a .444 to go with them.

I have been looking for a deal in a 444 for several years. I haven't found the right deal yet, but I will one day. I think I have 5 336's right now. and a couple of 39A's . Love my lever action Marlins.

I killed my biggest deer with a .30-30 336 one rainy morning in Oglethorpe county. I was sitting in a stand in a pine thicket. I heard him coming and got my gun up to my shoulder and kept watching for him to step out. He finally walked up within 15 yards of my stand and looked straight up at me. I lowered my head to the stock and dang blast it, the scope was so fogged over I could even see him. I swung the rifle back and forth, up and down, and put it in the middle of the darkest spot I could find. When I pulled the trigger, I was sure that old steel K3 Weaver scope had cost me a really nice deer. Then I heard a crash.... I thought to myself, Well, maybe that scope didn't cost me to much.... I got out of my stand and went to where the deer had been standing. There was a puddle of blood big as a pie plate. I started off in the direction he ran, and didn't go 30 yards, and there he laid. The bullet entered the direct center of his neck about 1/2 way between his brisket and jaw. It traveled down, and exited the center of his chest. There was no heart left.

I sent the scope back to Weaver and they resealed it and charged it with nitrogen at no charge.

garveywallbanger

Great rifle inside of 100 yds. Hornady Lever Revolution soft tips might get you out to 150yds. Very handy and quick to shoulder.

ditchdoc24

I really like my Marlin .35 rifle. Killed my first deer with it this last season, bang-flop. I'll be carrying it again.

Nice gun . The 336 in 35 is a true back breaker.

PappyHoel

I've always wanted a .35, but never owned one yet.
Get one they are great but I won’t deer hunt with mine anymore. I’ll take flak for this comment, but I always had to shoot deer twice with it. Never had one drt, it knocked them down but they always jumped up and ran 50 yrds.

Then I switched to my 270 and everyone has been drt

Buckman18

Get one they are great but I won’t deer hunt with mine anymore. I’ll take flak for this comment, but I always had to shoot deer twice with it. Never had one drt, it knocked them down but they always jumped up and ran 50 yrds.

Then I switched to my 270 and everyone has been drt

Try the Hornady Leverevolutions. They still don’t drop in their tracks much BUT they usually die within sight and bleed a ton with the big holes those bullets create.

garveywallbanger

You will do less tracking and increase range and accuracy with Hornady Lever Revolution Ammo. Winchester makes a nice horse scabbard rifle with open sights but since they eject from the top it makes putting a scope on one difficult or clumsy. Enjoy your new brush gun!

ditchdoc24

I bought a 336 in .35 several years ago from my local gun shop for a great deal. Finally killed a deer with it last year and it dropped in its tracks. It works great and I'll probably never sell it.

jimmy.444

I want one too
But not with the cross bolt safety
I had a model 39a back in the late 80’s that I let go.
I wish I had it back—:mad:

Arrow3

Always wanted one . Should have bought one when they were cheap.