28 gauge Turkey gun

pacecars

I have decided I need a Franchi 48AL 28 gauge and plan to use it on Turkey. I will be loading TSS in 9 1/2 shot. I have been very impressed with the success people have been having with these loads. I cant wait to try them out

Killer Kyle

I have decided I need a Franchi 48AL 28 gauge and plan to use it on Turkey. I will be loading TSS in 9 1/2 shot. I have been very impressed with the success people have been having with these loads. I cant wait to try them out

I love the 28. Best squirrel shotgun gauge ever made! I have a love affair with my cheap ol' NEF 28. I have been intently watching the small gauge turkey guns here for years now. I am fascinated by it, but cannot afford the upgrades like bore work, chokes, handloafs, ect.
Are you planning to hunt with a stock shotgun/barrel, and TSS loads?
I really hope and pray you are going to post pics of a stock setup with the TSS 9's pattern. I would love to see what that pattern would look like at 40 yards.

pacecars

Most have been using stock guns with either full or extra full chokes. I hate the cost but I figure for Turkey I wont be shooting a whole lot of shells, at lest that is the plan.

pacecars

As a bonus the Franchi has been on my bucket list for a long time!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
One of the coolest and deadliest rigs in 28 gauge is a CZ Bobwhite owned and shot by a Louisiana man who goes by the screen name DocHoliday on another site. At 5.25 lbs., it features a Skinner adjustable peep sight and post. He's able to choose different barrels with double triggers for far and near shots with different loads in each barrel. I've thought about converting my Bobwhite similarly but have enough on my hands to last me through. ;) Here's the Louisianian's gun which looks like a big game express rifle:

mudcreek

Bobwhite

I have a 20 gauge set up like the one above. Awesome turkey gun with trulock chokes. I have a 28 gauge just like it. Deadly on squirrels, I might pattern it on a turkey head. Bout the same size.

pacecars

It is scary the patterns they are getting with 9 1/2s at 40 plus yards. They also are getting complete pass throughs with the pellets on birds.

deast1988

Apex loads 28ga, but they are shutdown till after the NWTF show. But 9.5 tss is wicked, and can turn .410/28gas in to 40yd guns with proper chokes.