Tss #9's

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Since the new Federal TSS shells have come out does the TSS shells perform as well in tight chokes such as a .655 or do they do better in more open ported chokes? I ordered a box of the #9's for a 12 guage and curious about this.

Gut_Pile

.655 is TIGHT

I would start in the .665-.675 range and go from there

fountain

Yup. Will is on the money. Tss will need an open choke, especially in a 12ga. 670-675 and about 700-720 in the 835.

This will be a common misconception with a lot of folks that buy tss I'm betting. A lot will complain of sub-par patterns and give up with it, when the answer is a more open choke

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I've got an old Hastings .665 i can shoot it with. I've seen a video with a .660 that the Apex 3'' 9's did very well in. Just don't wanna have to shoot a bunch of them with that pretty price tag they have. Thank you both for the info!

fountain

See if you can find anyone near you that may have a pellet trap. They will save you some big money in the long run

Killdee

Time to down size to a 20, I haven’t turkey hunted with a 12 in years.Thinking about TSS in a 12 makes my eyes bug out!!!

fountain

Yep, a 20 will do all one can possibly need. I see some crazy load sizes for all gauge guns coming out now. At some point, you're just wasting shot. The owner of the gun/shells can be the judge of that I guess, but anything over the 1 5/8 oz in a 20 isn't necessary. For some reason, I haven't gotten a 12 to shoot like I would like with tss.