Bought Browning BLR .358 Win

idletime2day

Does anyone here shoot a BLR in .358 win and if so what bullet are you using? I just bought mine and the options for factory bullets are slim. I bought the hornady SP 200 grains and the only other I have seen is Buffalo Bore at 225 grains. I would love to hear from those with experience with the bullets and the gun!

Lilly001

I have, and hunt with, a BLR in .358.
I love how smooth the action is and how naturally it points.
The Hornadys are all you need for Ga deer. They thump them good. If I was looking for factory loads with a heavier bullet I would look at Reeds on the internet. They are a custom reloader that can load the 225 or 250s and they are very reasonable in their prices. I use them for my .357 max and for hunting loads for my 10mm.

Lilly001

One of the first things I would do with that BLR is have the trigger looked at. Mine was about 10 lbs. and don't do it yourself unless you are real good at that kind of thing. It's hard to put back right. Real hard.
Ask me how I know....

8pointduck

Oh yeah, I have one, but I role my own. 200 gr. Hornady interlock SP, 44 gr. IMR 3130 , standard rifle primer, Winchester brass. It will and does the trick.