Strip Till .... one of these days ...

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
http://twindiamondind.com/Products/StripMaker.aspx

If I can find 2 or 4 used "units" that I can mount to a 3 point hitch utility bar, I might give this a go. Then I'd use my 2 row JD 71 planter and maybe plant some corn in my clover plots in the spring or maybe plant some brassica's in the fall, vs tilling everything up, yet getting some of the free nitrogen benefit, from the clover.

Maybe a step above a no-till planter and a whole lot cheaper?

Canuck5

Strip till into clover ... maybe my row spacing would be a little wider

Attachments

• strip till.JPG
    strip till.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 332

Canuck5

I think you're right! A "good" seed bed is all I would be after, not a perfect one. 55 HP New Holland

doomtrpr_z71

You have a real 55hp new Holland don't you, not a compact? I think with that setup you could run the strip rig and planters at the same time. All I see on that rig is coulter's, row cleaners and crust busters. Penco might would sell you a similar setup for fairly cheap. You would run into compaction issues eventually without the subsoilers but since you are doing food plots it wouldn't matter.

BriarPatch99

I plant cotton(4 row) with a setup like that using Monosem planters...

Like Doom said ...two coulters with a row cleaner ...

Canuck5

You have a real 55hp new Holland don't you, not a compact? I think with that setup you could run the strip rig and planters at the same time. All I see on that rig is coulter's, row cleaners and crust busters. Penco might would sell you a similar setup for fairly cheap. You would run into compaction issues eventually without the subsoilers but since you are doing food plots it wouldn't matter.

Definitely worth a try then!!! I'll start saving my pennies!

Canuck5

I plant cotton(4 row) with a setup like that using Monosem planters...

Like Doom said ...two coulters with a row cleaner ...

I will look into those, as well! Thanks!