Whitetails Unlimited Looking For New Chapters!!

poisonarrow

Hey folks, my name is Stephen Price and I am the Field Director for Whitetails Unlimited here in Georgia. I just wanted to put a feeler out for anyone who would like to start a chapter in their county or area. All I need is someone who can get a committee together to help sell tickets to the banquet! Doesn't matter where you are, call me! This is a GREAT opportunity to help put money back into the county you live in! The committee and myself decide where we want the money to go! Half of the profits from our Grass Roots banquets are invested back into programs in your county, such as Archery In The Schools, 4H Programs, Scholarships, Food Plot programs, Handicap Hunts, etc.. These are just a few of the causes Whitetails Unlimited Officiall helps support! Go to the website to learn more about where your dollar goes. This is a chance for you to get something positive going for our sport in your area, and it won't cost you a dime! 675-644-6956

https://www.whitetailsunlimited.com/about-us/where-your-dollar-goes/

Swamprat

Swamprat
Naaaaaaahhhhh

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thanks but I already send my money where I want it to go.

What the .Gov allows me to keep of my money that is.

poisonarrow

Thanks but I already send my money where I want it to go.

What the .Gov allows me to keep of my money that is.

I understand man. We are just out here trying to support outdoor programs in different counties. Lots of folks complain about not having anything or needing money. We are here to help them out. Thanks!

poisonarrow

Dang they've been around for 36 years and I have never heard about them

I had never heard of them myself, until about 3 years ago. They are huge in the north and midwest. Just got it started here a couple of years ago, and it's going great. Check out the website. We are the largest and oldest whitetail conservation group in America. 50% of the net proceeds goes back into outdoor programs in that particular county. I help fund many 4-H shooting sports programs, Archery In The Schools programs, Catch A Dream, etc in Ga. You should check us out. Thanks!

poisonarrow

I am looking for the people that want to make a difference in their area. I did not grow up with these programs so I do my best to support them and get them started in areas that need them. Hunting license sales are down 2 million in the last 8 years. We have to do something to get folks back into the woods, instead of on these computers.

If anyone wants to help out, I will do my part to make it happen. Thanks guys.

Here is a link to where some of the money goes.
https://www.whitetailsunlimited.com/about-us/where-your-dollar-goes/

poisonarrow

100% agree not just 50% to charity.

Not a charity, but an organization that has spent over $85.7 million on projects including research, wildlife agency assistance, habitat enhancement/acquisition, scholarships, educational materials, hunter safety/education, anti-poaching measures, and cooperative projects with other conservation organizations.

poisonarrow

Tell us about the food plot programs. thanks

Hey Squealer, I will give you a few examples of things Whitetails Unlimited has done. There are many more ideas that can be put together also. I will also attach a link to our HOPE Program, which you can check out.

We have had chapters purchase food plot seed to be used on public hunting grounds or WMA's. In Pa, One chapter is planting a 5 mile strip on public grounds.

Another chapter in Wisconsin used funds to purchase seed to plant around 300 food plots of 5-10 acres each on public ground.

Many chapters use funds to purchase seed to give away to the community in the county they are based. They have free food plot days, where anyone is welcome to get free seed.

In Ohio, we just did a $3500 grant to the county for implements. The county then loans the implements for FREE to anyone in the county to use.

Another chapter purchased a no till drill for the county. This county also loans this to people for FREE.

Thanks for the inquiry!https://www.whitetailsunlimited.com/conservation/hope-for-wildlife/

Like Stephen said earlier, everyone needs to go to a banquet and check them out. I have been to 2 banquets and enjoyed them both. slight auctions, live auctions and great food. You won't believe how cheap some of the guided hunts go for. It's a great time.

Last edited by a moderator:

poisonarrow

Where can a list of the land be found. Thanks

Not sure exactly what you are looking for Rance56. Are you asking about a nationwide list of land that was acquired with the help of WTU? If so, you would probably need to contact the office or email the office at www.whitetailsunlimited.com. I do not have any of that info myself. As far as Georgia, we have not acquired any land. This is only the 2nd full year we have been in the state so we are still trying to build chapters. Thanks, and let me know if I can help.

poisonarrow

Like Stephen said earlier, everyone needs to go to a banquet and check them out. I have been to 2 banquets and enjoyed them both. slight auctions, live auctions and great food. You won't believe how cheap some of the guided hunts go for. It's a great time.

Glad you had a great time, and thanks for your support. We will do it again in August!

Last edited by a moderator: