Trapping hogs

Swamprat

Swamprat
Hogs.....a exotic non-native animal that states put a season for dollars in their coffers.

For states with a hog problem, stop trying to manage them with season dates, quota permits during the summer, etc. Open them up all year long on state land.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Hogs.....a exotic non-native animal that states put a season for dollars in their coffers.

For states with a hog problem, stop trying to manage them with season dates, quota permits during the summer, etc. Open them up all year long on state land.

If hunting were the solution alone, we would have hunted our way out of the hog problem years ago. Those closed seasons on state land allow for more efficient methods to be used.

Swamprat

Swamprat
. Those closed seasons on state land allow for more efficient methods to be used.

Those closed seasons allow for hogs to breed and raise offspring that can breed during that closed period.

Not seeing "more efficient methods" being used in any state on public land. Private property next to state lands is just sending back what was harvested on public lands.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Those closed seasons allow for hogs to breed and raise offspring that can breed during that closed period.

Not seeing "more efficient methods" being used in any state on public land. Private property next to state lands is just sending back what was harvested on public lands.

Well, you seem to know more about than me.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
If hunting were the solution alone, we would have hunted our way out of the hog problem years ago. Those closed seasons on state land allow for more efficient methods to be used.

Just curious, What methods are more efficient than killing them off? Just the 2 1/2 months that the gates were locked the pigs have tripled in numbers and have destroyed ground in which a large host of native plant life once flourished. No more trillium, yellow root, blood root, golden seal, ect. It's all gone. Again, I'm just curious to what other methods the state is using as I feel like I could kill more if there wasn't regs on weapons, bait, traps and lights or night hunting.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Seems like my last post about poisoned corn piles, etc. got deleted without a valid answer.

Not saying I know more than you but kinda hard for the state to say we have more efficient methods when the hog population seems to be growing.

I like KoolAid but not every flavor.