New Deer Rig!! Update

deast1988

[URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/deast1988/media/F12CCF1B-9612-4D18-BF79-A712CCFD72B4_zpslm9qxhns.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/deast1988/media/144FB509-95B7-415F-B24C-DD4B5BE83411_zpsuwqosnvn.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/deast1988/media/95E4645C-9893-452F-B72A-4ACF666F700B_zpscjffygrd.jpg.html] [/URL]

Browning Western Hunter Atacs camo, 6.5 creedmoor leupold 4x12 vx2

Soon as I get my ATF forms back the brake will come off an a Can will go on.

So far it's liking the 140gr bergers an 143gr eldX. The 130s float around a bit much.

I'm setting it up for 400yds an less whitetail even though I'm sure it can do way further.

Couldn't find any company in US that sold the thread pitch that browning had on the western hunter. So I had to get my Suppressor shop to chop rethread an then I could order the rest of the adaptors.

6.5creedmoor 20in barrel ASR adaptors on a Xbolt western hunter. I've ran it on steel gongs to 400yds. Don't see me shooting much past that. Still trying to figure which ammo to hunt with but it's shooting bug holes with 140gr Berger VLD Elite Hunters.

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good looking outfit. Good move taking off that ugly thing on the end of the barrel. How about showing some 400 yard targets.

gt40

Dub

Nice looking deer rig.

I've never cared for brakes on rifles...but understand your ultimate plan to suppress it. I never really gave that much though for a hunting rifle and am interested in seeing how it affects your 400 yard targets.

Please post up your range fun as you give this one a work out.

I've never shot a Browning bolt action that didn't impress me with it's accuracy.

Dub

Nice looking Rifle, I hunted with my 6.5 Savage ultra Light hunter last year totally love it

Man....I have great respect for those rifles.:cheers:

I was in a local gun shop a few weeks ago that had one of the Savage Lightweight hunters in wood & blue/matte. It passed the eye test right away...looked great. It balanced well right ahead of the trigger...and felt like it maintain that balance with the right scope....and overall felt really nice.

The sales guy helping me said he personally owned a stainless version of it and hunted hard with it last year and really liked it.

pdsniper

I modified mine a bit and stuck it in a MDT LSS Chassis and that made it even better now it's totally weather proofed and a lot more user friendly in a climbing stand with the adjustable but stock it now has and topped it with a Swarovski 2.5x10x40 scope

Dub

I modified mine a bit and stuck it in a MDT LSS Chassis and that made it even better now it's totally weather proofed and a lot more user friendly in a climbing stand with the adjustable but stock it now has and topped it with a Swarovski 2.5x10x40 scope
:cheers:

Snookpimpin

the new eldx is supposed to be the flattest shooting round they make, or so says the commercials. I took a box the range about a month ago and put them through my 30/06 and didn't like them I could not get them to group very well and they had about 5 more inches of drop at 200 yards then the 20 grain lighter sst. I have been shooting the sst for a couple years now and have never had anything run and they always group under an inch

pdsniper

Im shooting a 100 gn Sierra HP Varmiter in my 6.5 on my lab radar it says its going 3010 fps and everything to date I have shot with it has dropped in its tracks and they shoot dime size groups at 100 yrds even with that pencil thin barrel at 200 the group is about the size of a quarter

fountain

Deast, bringing this back up. Real world, how would you say the can does for noise reduction? I will admit that I've never shot a gun with a can or been around one. I've watched some videos of them, but that's not a true comparison listening through a speaker for noise differences.
Honestly, the ones I have watched really didnt have much sound difference to me. I listened to dead air and a thunderbesst. The thinderbeast had a crack at the shot and that was it, but he was also shooting in pure, wide open country. Most anything will be quiet like that, especially when filmed from behind.
I'm thinking of setting up a 6.5 with a can for hunting. I would also like to shoot coyotes at night and not wake everyone up within 5 square miles....I woke up to 2 coyotes in the yard this morning and want something quiet when I'm shooting. I'm in the country, but still dont want a commotion in the middle of the night if I shoot one

deast1988

To me sounds about like a .22 stinger. Hard to explain no where near a rifle shot. But similar to a .17hmr or a hot .22 load. Last fall I shot a doe 125yds 4 came out she buckled DRT other 3 stood there wondering what happened. I heard the whack saw her drop none of the others knew I was in the woods. It's not movie quiet but it's awesome eats recoil muzzle flash an would for sure not wake up the neighbors at night.

Dallen92

I have a very similar setup and looks like the same can except I put mine on a 280 abolt 2 with a vx3L in 4.5-14x56 with cds. I agree with you on noise as I would rate it about equivalent to a 22 mag. I shot an 8 point with it last year at 350 yds and you could hear the bullet smack the deer no problem. It greatly reduces recoil too with the anchor brake on the end of the can. You can watch the deer fall in the scope every time.

deast1988

My bro got this last fall with it, it’s 5 for 5 on deer 140gr Berger elite hunters. Suppressed been a fun rig so far. No kick an hammers game. Just an update for anyone looking at the creedmoor 6.5.
302842CD-664B-4B9C-85B9-87ECCBB19673.jpeg

Latest posts