Another Rainy Friday for Franklin Linesides

ryork

Got to Snake Creek around 7:30 this morning. The river was stained and around 62 degrees. Had a good supply of 3-7" gizzards. Stayed on my first hole for about 30 minutes with nothing but some gar (I assume) fooling with my baits. Moved upstream to around Glovers and it was fast and furious for about an hour and a half with a lot of 2-3 lb hybrids and an occasional striper mixed in. Had three doubles and one triple with 3-4 lines out. Was by myself do didn't manage to land all of them. After that action slowed, moved back downstream just a little to a spot that usually produces but only picked up one small striper.

Decided to head back upstream just before lunch to the spot that had produced so well earlier. Managed to pick up a few more hybrids. By this time was fishing nothing but cut shad as the live ones hadn't even got a sniff all day with the water conditions. Had a couple of large cut pieces out and had a real good striper hook up with one. Managed to keep it out of the other lines and out of the anchor rope, but as I went to net it somehow slid across the top of it and snapped the leader. Got a good look at it and would have easily been my best one so far this year.

By this time, the off and on sprinkles had turned into a steady and sometimes fairly heavy rain. Decided to move just upstream to one of my favorite holes and give it another hour or so. Put out three rods with large pieces of cut shad. Only got two bites, but they were good ones. The first one was the biggest hybrid I've caught this Spring, and the second was a big flathead. Only one of those I've got so far this year. Decided to pack it in and head to the house after that around 1:30 or so. Stopped by Mom's on the way back home and got a better pic of the kitty cat than I could get doing the selfie routine. Flatheads are the finest eating fish from freshwater aside from a walleye. That thing will make a few catfish nuggets!

I'm kind of becoming a fan of fishing in the rain! That's two Fridays in a row.

Attachments

• 4-17 (6).jpg
    4-17 (6).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 4-17 (5).jpg
    4-17 (5).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 4-17 (4).jpg
    4-17 (4).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 4-17 (7).jpg
    4-17 (7).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 446
  • 4-17 (1).jpg
    4-17 (1).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 4-17 (9).jpg
    4-17 (9).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 459

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Those are the before pics. Looks like a good day on the water

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Moved it for you. Now post the after pics in the cafe forum!!!!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! Water came up 3 feet during the night so I opted for the lake today. We hammered a ton of hybrids way down lake. I think you can catch them about anywhere right now. Looks like the weather is finally going to be nice for a bit this week. Ready to get back to the river.

Lindseys Grandpa

The 3rd week in April is always one of the best weeks of the Spring to fish. The reason is fir the last 15 years we host a training seminar that keeps me tied up from daylight to dark all week. I get text i get calls all saying the same, we beating them out of the boat with paddles ect :banginghe
Have fun don't sore mouth all them.

ryork

Looks like the weather is finally going to be nice for a bit this week.

I hope so! Have no control over it, so I try not to complain about it, but could go for about a week of 75 degrees and sunny!

joehughes1965

Nice day of fishing Robie!!! And you are right.....the flathead is some really good eating! Congratulations!!:cool: