Cam issues...

huckhgh

Has anyone had any problems with their camera not taking pics at night once the batteries are low? I went from getting 700-800 pics a week down to around 100.

I have a Moultrie that I've had for 3 or 4 years now and it's been great. However, I recently noticed that I'm not getting near as many pics as I was and I'm hoping it just needs new batteries, even though I have 40% left.

Thanks,

Huck

Change batteries check settings in camera try a different memory card other than that not much to do to those

littlenorth

Check the batteries with a digital meter. With some of the newer cameras, once the voltage of any one battery drops to the 1.3 volt area, the camera will not function properly, or not at all. With the older cameras, voltage could drop to 1.0 to 1.2 volt, then they would malfunction. Even new batteries fresh out of the package could have a faulty one. Duracell Copper Top are excellent, testing 1.60 volt when new. For cold weather use, the Ultimate Lithium are excellent. These test 1.79 to 1.83 volt. The down side of these batteries are the price (expensive) but well worth it.
As mentioned, the memory card, if switching make sure it isn't larger than what the camera recognizes. You can find this in your manual. Some manufactures claim up to 32 GB which some of those cameras will not accept. Best of luck.

huckhgh

Thanks guys! I'm going to change out all the batteries and hope that is the issue.