Looking for a real cheap camera?

tcoker

Same here, ordered on the 9/25, arrived 10/13. $43 for 2 cameras to my door. I'm fine with it. I called one time and then let it go. Never did get a shipping notification for email. Only opened one box, but it did have the strap.

WNewman

Put six packs of new Rayovac batteries in the two cameras. Both came up with only 2 bars showing, after a few test shots, one of them only had one bar showing.

Anyone else have new batteries show only 2 bars?

Buzz

Yes, but I left both of them out for a week and they had 3 bars when I pulled cards. Go figure.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Unbeleiveable. Ordered mine 26th of sept. and just got them today. I had already written them off. Headed to the club now for nine days. I'll give them a go and see how they do

Nchaput

Ordered mine on the 26th of September and didn't get anything for a week. I called and was told they were out and to wait. Two weeks later called again and they said I only ordered one but they would fix it. Finally got one cam a week ago. Called yesterday and the lady said my order was complete. Told her I only got one with no strap. Ended up talking to the manager and she apologized, said they were out again but she would upgrade me to the a5 since I had waited so long. Not going to knock the upgrade but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to get here

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I put mine out a couple weeks ago, haven't checked them yet. I put them on property where I would be surprised if they are gone when I go to check them.

Peanut

Cameras are Pure Junk

Like many of y'all, I put my order in the day this thread started. Heard nothing for weeks and then, low and behold, they arrive at my door step.

I opened my box to find, there is no paperwork, no strap for mounting, nothing. Luckily, the setup is very self explanatory. I put 6 brand new Duracell batteries in each. After 3 days, the batteries were totally dead in the first one. I have yet to check the second one, but I don't hold out much hope for it either.

My friend had ordered one as well. His did arrive with a mounting strap (go figure). We set his up on a scrape. What do you know - he had only daytime pictures and blacked-out night time pictures.

Do yourself a favor, even if you see a buy one, get 10 free on Moultrie's site, it is a pure rip-off.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. NOT EVEN A PENNY.

I hope I can return these for a refund to my credit card. I'm still out $12 on the C Batteries.

tcoker

I put my 2 out 2 weeks ago, I'll check them this weekend. They both had 2 battery bars right from the rip. Not expecting much, so it will be hard to be let down.

WNewman

Same here, both of mine have been out since Opening Day. Headed back down there Tues for (hopefully) the rut and will check them then. Had new batteries in them, it would be disappointing to have them dead already.

However, these were refurbished units. I would not be surprised to find that short battery life was a reason that some of them got returned and that is something that is not going to be easily detected during the refurb process. I bought a refurb digital camera one time that took sending it back in for repair twice before they finally fixed a power problem that I am sure was the original issue with it.

danny1903

Dicks sporting goods has wild game innovations bladex 6mp camera for $69.98 with a $10 mail in rebate. I bought one and i love it

Dicks sporting goods has wild game innovations bladex 6mp camera for $69.98 with a $10 mail in rebate. I bought one and i love it

-They also have the Rage 6 6mp for $49.99 -use the Dicks $10 off coupon in the front of your hunting regs and its $39.99 at checkout in the store. Some may slam them, but I have 5 of them and never had an issue yet in 2 years. Great pic's, never tried the video function. I bought 8 more this week for Christmas presents. :biggrin2:

Bighog11

Got three of these and have only checked one thus far! Walked in front of the cam when I went to check it and noticed that it didn't take a pic! Puzzled I checked the memory card to find that after about three days and only a few pics the cam had put itself in some sort of sleep mode!! Anyone else have this sort of issue!!

tcoker

Well I had both of mine out for 2 weeks and checked them this weekend. They both showed 2 battery bars when I put them out, and both had 2 battery bars when I checked them 2 weeks later. As far as picture quality, and trigger speed I wasn't expecting much. So I was very pleased when I reviewed pics. They both did really well and didn't take many "phantom" photos or blurred images. You can't beat white flash for night time pics.

First set is from a deer trail near a food plot, the 2nd set is just of a rub near a dropping white oak.

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 164
  • PICT0157.jpg
    PICT0157.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 148
  • PICT0166.jpg
    PICT0166.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 141

tcoker

2nd camera pics

Attachments

• PICT0026.jpg
    PICT0026.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 160
  • PICT0028.jpg
    PICT0028.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 153
  • PICT0037.jpg
    PICT0037.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0043.jpg
    PICT0043.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 148

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I pulled my cameras sunday, both still had battery life. Three weeks in the field, my food plot can had two pictures of me, and that's it, even though I watched a doe walk past it an hour before I checked it and the plot is covered in tracks. The second can had 33 pics of nothing.

tcoker

I pulled my cameras sunday, both still had battery life. Three weeks in the field, my food plot can had two pictures of me, and that's it, even though I watched a doe walk past it an hour before I checked it and the plot is covered in tracks. The second can had 33 pics of nothing.

Hmmm, I was concerned about blank pictures, but I only had a few. A lot less than I was thinking.

Bighog11

They were BOGO free, how'd you end up with 3??

Well after 3 calls about not recieving my order over a three week period they finally told me that for some reason my order had been canceled! After a long argument and asking to speak to a manager three diff times over a 7 min convo and telling her that I was going to let the manager know about this thread an how bad this bogo was making moultrie look she decided she would send me three at no charge! I'm by know means happy about getting this deal I would have much rather spoke with a manager and let him know how bad they're customer service was and that I would no longer be buying moultrie products,, but no matter how many times I asked she wouldn't transfer me