Deer heart and biscuits

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
cooked up some deer heart and buttermilk biscuits for a sunday morning breakfast. dang good :flag:

Attachments

• 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 721
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 729

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

blood on the ground

The last pic was a oops I forgot to take a pic of the finished product shot.. all the eggs were gone and no more cheese!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've never ate a deer heart. All of mine have holes in 'em. :D

Scrapy

Banned
I've never ate a deer heart. All of mine have holes in 'em. :D
Yes, four , unless you put an extry in it. LOL I like tounges my self. But I like chicken Gizzards too and there is a place here that makes the best. You can tell when they cool down that they use lard. Now that little stand is real good for gizzards .

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:banana:Glad I'm not the only one that likes deer heart!:banana:
If you live chicken hearts, you'll like deer, I promise!:banana:
Hey Blood? I sliced mine on my "mandolin"?? slicer, put it on the thin cut, I can't slice with a knife & get them even enough for me, then I salt, pepper, garlic powder them, flour, quick fry, take it up, sweat down some onions, bell peppers and make my gravey, put in a splash of vinegar then put the slices back in........... mmmmman they are good!:cool:

blood on the ground

:banana:Glad I'm not the only one that likes deer heart!:banana:
If you live chicken hearts, you'll like deer, I promise!:banana:
Hey Blood? I sliced mine on my "mandolin"?? slicer, put it on the thin cut, I can't slice with a knife & get them even enough for me, then I salt, pepper, garlic powder them, flour, quick fry, take it up, sweat down some onions, bell peppers and make my gravey, put in a splash of vinegar then put the slices back in........... mmmmman they are good!:cool:

Dang it Keebs!!! Way to totally catch me off guard!!!!
Your way sounds better than my way fo sho!!!!

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
I like them after they soaked in salt water for 24 hours going to fry am up and thin pieces like bacon

blood on the ground

I like them after they soaked in salt water for 24 hours going to fry am up and thin pieces like bacon

I soaked this on for about 36 hrs in buttermilk. I'm not sure if that did anything for flavor as this is my first time cooking one.

whchunter

Good Eats

I like em cooked like liver and onions..........good eating