Dirt road riding weather. Driveler #149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I know some of you don't use scent attractors and such, but there was a time when I did, quite successfully.

I was huntin a good buck with one of my buddies on a club he was in and had a trail scented up purty good, along with my boots, and everything else. Ol buck was workin that area hard.

Dark thirty rolled around, so I got down and headed out to wait on buddy. He went back deeper into the property, so I stopped to water a tree on the way out. I leaned my gun up against another tree 4-5 ft away, and about that time I hear my buddy walkin up.

Well, I thought it was my buddy, then I realized that it wasn't a two legged creature walkin. Bout as dark as it was going to get and I'm standid there takin care of bidness all scented up and that joker walked to less than 10 ft from me, stopped and stood there sniffing in my direction, loudly.

Thought I was fixin to get into a fight with a buck right then and there....or worse! :eek: :hair: :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don't bow hunt, so I can't use no other excuse.......... :p

I don't care for the recoil on the bigger guns, shot all kinds when I was young & dumb & tryin to impress the boys, now? I don't give a rip, just wanna put a few down..........:O

:huh: I have no clue........... talked to a buddy of mine & he says the 243 is all I need really.......... I DO like the youth model on account of the size, I have to shoot left handed on account of being left eye dominant, but I can & have shot right handed, because I know when you add "left handed" to anything the $$$ goes up........... Nic, at this point, I just don't know......... :O

shoot, I never mess with the scope, what I am handed, I use & shoot, too scared I'll mess something up.......... ONE reason I kinda want "my own", that way, if I mess it up, I won't be as stressed about it........... :rolleyes:
Same page yet AGAIN. :biggrin2::love:
:love:thanks........... I went to one bird hunt with an old boyfriend in HS, just wasn't my cup of tea........

::ke:we're still plannin on KMF, in March...........:cheers:
I like duck hunting. I don't really care if I kill one. I just like the whole experience. If I DO kill some, it's just icing on the cake. :cool:
AWESOME! :fine::fine:
Wonder if my friend Jim will come back.:huh:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Keebs, If it makes ya feel any better....I'm gonna just start chasin'em with a spear and hollerin at'em.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
A Harrington & Richardson single shot 243 would suit you just fine. You can shoot it off either shoulder, it`s accurate enough for huntin`, has iron sights, is easy to maintain, and not expensive.
I'm listening............
Same page yet AGAIN. :biggrin2::love:

I like duck hunting. I don't really care if I kill one. I just like the whole experience. If I DO kill some, it's just icing on the cake. :cool:
AWESOME! :fine::fine:
Wonder if my friend Jim will come back.:huh:
:cool:
still dont get it​
facepalm:now you too?????? dang, still the stoopid one on here........
Here ya go, Keebs.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/youth.asp

Not everybody likes single shot weapons, but they fit my style.
now investigating.......... :cool:

Hornet22

ROMEO
The wife just passed her hunter safety ed course, gonna put her on a deer i hope.

Tell her to hold on tite, them thangs can change directions fast'ern a dove bird:cheers:

Keebs, If it makes ya feel any better....I'm gonna just start chasin'em with a spear and hollerin at'em.

Took LMS hunting with me one morning. It was pretty cold I might add. Sitting there and we heard a shot fire off. I knew it was my buddy that hunts about 1/4 mile from where we were. Next thing I know i hear 4 more shots fire off kinda spaced out. I call him to see what he killed and he informed me hehad blood but culdnt find the deer. I rget to where he is hunting and see decent blood where teh deer fell at the first shot. Then I look thru the woods and see a trail of shotgun shells.
He got to the deer, it jumped up and he fired again. He would run thru the woods till he had an open shot and fire again.. Ol boy chased that deer over 100 yards thru the woods firing slugs at it.. We never found that deer. But the trail of shotgun shells is something ill never forget

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
hexer.gif

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I like dove hunting & turkey hunting. I just don't get to go every season. :(

I do dearly love to hunt turkeys. I just wish we still had a fall season. The first thing I ever killed in my life was a turkey.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
headed to Walmart for some 243's............. boss is taking me at lunch to the range!:fine: bbl

Fun question for all the drivelers. What brand/type bullet do you all use. i know its been asked in the other subforums but im asking yall. Iv became a fan of the BarneS and hornady ssx.

Status
Not open for further replies.