How long?

ArticSnake

How long do yuns leave your cam before you go check it in a new spot? Looks to be more traveling through spot don't really look like there browsing or really feeding there, so I was just wondering how long I should leave my camera before I check it and see if I need to put it somewhere else or not.

GTHunter007

If its not over corn...2 weeks should let you see how often and who may be traveling through. If you catch different bucks or only parts of certain bachelor groups leave it. If its the random doe or only one or two passes by certain bucks...a move is needed. I am not a fan of cameras not over feed during the summer. Deer travel patterns are pretty small this time of year relative to other times of year outside of January-March. In two weeks time you likely will see the same deer over and over again and not pick up many newcomers.

If it is over corn, in 2 weeks you should have those same deer quite regularly feeding there once they find it. And any traveling in the vicinity who could see the others feeding and investigate. After they find it for us though, corn doesn't last more than 6 days tops. Then the visits drop significantly.

ArticSnake

Ok thanks. I hunted this spot few times last year, but it was late in the season and I seen 3-4 deer and let everything walk and one was a small buck and there were couple does. There's corn fields bout a mile or so from this spot so I'm not sure how well it will do early season. That's why I wanted to put camera up and see if anything is moving through there.

GTHunter007

Ok thanks. I hunted this spot few times last year, but it was late in the season and I seen 3-4 deer and let everything walk and one was a small buck and there were couple does. There's corn fields bout a mile or so from this spot so I'm not sure how well it will do early season. That's why I wanted to put camera up and see if anything is moving through there.

Keep in mind you can't bank on what is traveling through the area right now to dictate if the spot is good once season gets here. The corn or any ag sources may be gone, and any other hard/soft mass food sources will be the primary source of nutrition. Their travel patterns will be completely different as food sources evolve.