New to south Georgia

TRS

New to forum, hello to all. Recently moved to Albany and I'm looking for places to fish, don't care what it is, bream, gar, small gator,. I have fished north Georgia, and middle Tenn alot (used to live in Nashville) just not that interested in the long drive anymore. I tie flies and usually have extras of your favorites!!!! Would greatly appreciate any pointers and am always glad to meet up as a former submariner I know the value of silence. ( Pacific ocean??? What ?? never heard of it!)

I see this is an old post, but if you are still looking for a place to fish there is a new lake in Grady Co., about an hr away from Albany. The fishing is good for bream, bass, and speckled perch. I caught about a dozen good bluegill this week in an hr of fishing using a 5wt and small poppers. The Flint River between Newton and Vada is also good for shoal bass and bream.

TRS

I see this is an old post, but if you are still looking for a place to fish there is a new lake in Grady Co., about an hr away from Albany. The fishing is good for bream, bass, and speckled perch. I caught about a dozen good bluegill this week in an hr of fishing using a 5wt and small poppers. The Flint River between Newton and Vada is also good for shoal bass and bream.
Slow to reply , thanks for the tip, what's the name of the lake in Grady co?

buckpasser

Tired Creek Lake.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Lots of good wade saltwater fly fishing not too far from Albany. Wakulla Co. Florida and the next county to the west has plenty of flats that have lots of redfish and speckled sea trout...and a number of other fun fish on the fly.