Remington Outdoor Company Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

tom ga hunter

Remington Outdoor Company Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Significantly Reduced Debt Load and Interest Expense Continued Focus on Revitalization

Madison, NC – Remington Outdoor Company (“Remington” or “the Company”), one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of firearms, ammunition, and related products, announced today that it has emerged from Chapter 11 after successfully implementing its plan of reorganization (“the Plan”) previously confirmed by the Delaware bankruptcy court on May 4, 2018.

The Plan provides a comprehensive balance sheet restructuring of the Company and converts over $775 million of the Company’s debt into equity. In addition, the Plan provides the Company with a new Asset Based Loan (“ABL”) facility of $193 million, the proceeds of which will refinance its prior ABL facility in full, a new $55 million First-In, Last-Out Term Loan and a new $100 million Term Loan. As an integral part of the Plan, all trade and business claims are unimpaired and will be addressed in the Company’s normal course of business. The Plan received support from over 97% of the voting Term Loan Lenders and all of the voting Third Lien Noteholders.

As provided in the Plan, all shares of Remington’s common stock issued prior to the commencement of Remington’s bankruptcy proceeding were cancelled upon emergence, and Remington has issued new shares of common stock and, in some cases, warrants, to the holders of its previously outstanding funded debt in return for their allowed claims against Remington. The term of Remington’s previous Board of Directors expired upon emergence and a new Board of Directors shall be appointed immediately.

“It is morning in Remington country,” said Anthony Acitelli, Chief Executive Officer of Remington. Mr. Acitelli continued, “We are excited about the future – producing quality products, serving our customers, and providing good jobs for our employees.”

Remington’s legal counsel is Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, its investment banker is Lazard Freres & Co. LLC, and its financial advisor is Alvarez & Marsal. The Term Loan Lenders’ legal counsel is O’Melveny & Myers LLP and their investment banker is Ducera Partners LLC with M-III Advisory Partners, LP also advising the Term Loan Lenders. The Third Lien Noteholders’ counsel is Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and their investment banker is Perella Weinberg Partners LP.

Resources

Court filings and claims information may be accessed at https://cases.primeclerk.com/remington/

wareagle700

Good. I'm sure their quality will continue to improve like it has in the past. facepalm:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If they'd applied to their balance sheet what they spent on all of those attorneys they wouldn't have had to file bankruptcy to begin with.

bullgator

I’m hoping they rebound well and get the quality back to at least competitive levels. I also hope Marlin gets the attention and upgrades they deserve.

transfixer

We'd all do well to hold on to our older Remington's , anything before 2007, or even earlier, I don't think they will ever be back at those levels of quality.

Robert28

I bought an 870 back around Christmas for a duck gun that I could beat up and not care about. Paid $254 for it. It's been ok but it's NOTHING like my 2 Wingmasters and 90's 870. Worlds difference.

Jester896

Senior Clown
i was surprised to see BoA supplied $43M of the $193M bail-out and on the other hand refuse to loan black gun makers anything.

Robert28

i was surprised to see BoA supplied $43M of the $193M bail-out and on the other hand refuse to loan black gun makers anything.

Guess they don't realize Remington owns Bushmaster or they agreed to sell off Bushmaster.

wareagle700

Just goes to show you how money can quickly change political opinions.

Buckman18

This confirms it.

I’m still not buying a new Remington unless they get picked up by a quality company like when FN started producing Winchester’s.

tv_racin_fan

Why are you surprised? The terms of this deal were worked out prior to their promise. Are you thinking they should not have lived up to the contract?

As I understand it BoA has the option to get out of the agreement at anytime if they can find a bank to take their place.

chase870

Possum Sox

BOA has been to busy catering to illegal aliens to figure out the evil deeds of Remington