¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
½ Tsp Italian Seasoning
¼ Tsp Black Pepper
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Beaten Egg
Mozzarella Cheese
Marinara / Spaghetti Sauce

Put olive oil on bottom of crock pot.
Beat eggs and mix bread crumbs with seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
Layer chicken on bottom of crock pot.
Cover with Mozzarella cheese and cover with sauce.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
(frozen chicken will take longer)
Put over favorite pasta

bruceg

Paymaster, those recipes with pictures are great! I'll have to try that! But, for a picture-free recipe, here goes:

Fish Cakes
1 pound tilapia or catfish
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 sweet onion
1/4 cup (or so) breadcrumbs
1 egg
Freshly ground black pepper (1 tsp or more)
Luzianne Cajun Seasoning (1 TBSP or more)
1/4 cup Canola oil (or anything with a high smoke point, low flavor profile)

Dice peppers and onions.
Add 1 TBSP oil to pan
Cook on medium until tender
Remove to large bowl

Add 1 TBSP oil to pan (if needed)
Cook and flake fish
Remove to bowl with peppers and onions

Mix peppers, onions, fish. Add appr. 1/4 to 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (just enough to bind the fish cakes). Add 1 egg. Add black pepper and Cajun seasoning.

Shape into small patties. Patties will hold their shape better if you put them on waxed paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. You don't need to follow this step if you don't have time.

Put a liberal amount of oil in frying pan. (1/4 cup or a little more). Heat the pan. Cook the fish cakes appr. 3 minutes per side. Check for a nice golden brown crust before flipping.

Remove to a plate covered with a paper towel. Keep warm while cooking the rest of the patties.

Serve with tarter sauce and fries!

I just use 2 TBSP reduced fat mayo and 2 TBSP Wickles relish for a quick tarter sauce.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Cheesy Chicken Chili

Cheesy Chicken Chili

2 frozen boneless chicken breasts
1 can of corn with juice
1 can of black beans ( drained and rinsed )
1 can of Rotel
1 pack of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 block cream cheese

Frozen chicken into slow cooker 1st
Add corn
Add Rotel
Add all powder ingredients
Lightly mix
Place cut up cheese on top
Cook on low for 6-8 hours
Remove chicken and shred finely then mix back into chili
032_zps96284609.jpg

georgiadawgs44

Mexican Lasagna

Mrs. Ga Dawg's Mexican Lasagna

2 pounds of ground beef
2 packets of taco seasoning
Chopped Velveeta Cheese (to your liking)
(I used Cheez Whiz because I didn't have Velveeta, but prefer Velveeta)
3 Taco Grande Flour Tortillas
Shredded Cheeses
(I used fancy shredded sharp cheddar and also mozzarella for the layers and colby jack for the top)

Toppings:
Sour Cream
Chopped Tomatoes
Homemade or bought guacamole
Taco Bell Sauce
Salsa
Lettuce

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and water. Follow package directions to bring to boil and then simmer until juice is cooked down. Add chopped Velveeta Cheese/Cheez Whiz, I don't measure but I added about2 heaping tablespoons, enough to make it creamy. Divide your cooked meat into fourths, and add the first quarter into the bottom of your casserole dish. Top with a handful of your favorite cheese (I use mozzarella and a cheddar, so handful of each). Top with a flour tortilla, add another quarter of the meat mixture, and shredded cheese layer. Repeat using 2 more flour tortillas, ending up with a meat mixture and shredded cheese layer (which I did Colby jack just to have the color variation). Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 mins. until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Prepare your plate with the Mexican lasagna, and top with any of your favorite taco toppings. Above is a list I serve with it. For the homemade guacamole, I just did one avocado, the juice of half of a lime, a little salt and some garlic powder.

This serves up to four people depending on their appetite. I used a 9 inch deep casserole dish.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,276
New Year's Country Fried Wonton

One package of wonton. (Small square, not egg roll size)
egg
stove top/ generic stuffing
onion
ginger
garlic
cheap piece of pork (beat with mallet to tenderize if warranted)
peanut oil
chinese togo packets

Cook the pork up. I use a sesame oil, soy, duck, peanut sauce mix to flavor it. I use alot of the togo packets to save money. Set aside and sautee onion, add ginger and garlic for a minute or two more. Set aside. Prepare the stuffing. Mix it with chopped-up pork and onion/ginger/garlic. Lay out a bunch of wontons and heat up some peanut oil in a wok. spoon the mix into the middle of the wonton wrapper and paint two edges with egg wash (adhesive). Roll/Wrap the wonton and into the hot oil til golden. Dry it on paper towel to soak up the oil.

Woodscrew

Woodscrew's SouthWestern Goulash

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 white onion diced
2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
10 oz. can rotel
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 table spoon garlic powder
1 cup/can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans
Cheese for garnish

If you don't want it spicy substitute diced tomatoes for the rotel.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
"diet" chicken breakfast sausage

2.5# boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2.5# boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp dried parsley
0.5 tbsp black pepper
0.5 tbsp thyme
4tsp salt
2 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1.25 tsp coriander
0.25 tsp ground cayenne pepper

Grind chicken using coarse plate, alternating light and dark meat through grinder. Add all spices and mix thoroughly. Perform a second grind with the medium plate.

Form into 2oz patties and use or freeze. Each patty has only 65 calories and less than 2gm of saturated fat.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Luke11

cucumber salad –
1 or 2 cucumbers iced
2 or 3 jalapeños diced (I take out all the seeds)
1 clove of garlic chopped up (or you can use a spoonful of that already chopped garlic)
Soy sauce - enough to let it soak in
Mix it all together and let it sit for a little bit before eating

Jalapeno Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
• 12 tbsp. (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• ¼ cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1½ tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
• 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• ½ tsp. kosher salt
• 2 cups extra dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet
• 4 jalapenos, seeded, diced small
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set a side.
4. In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and beat until creamy. Beat in one egg until combined. Beat in vanilla until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and jalapeno.
5. Take about heaping teaspoon size of dough and place 2" apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, just until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes and place on a rack to cool completely.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My version of salsa Verde.
1. One to one and a half pounds of tomatillos
2. 3 large jalapenos ... More or less. depending how you like heat.
3. One half of a large white onion.
4. 4 green onions.
5. 1 Bundle of cilantro.
6. 2 teaspoons of salt.
7. 4 cloves of garlic.
Bring a medium pot to boil with white onions, garlic, peppers, 1 teaspoon of salt. Just as the peppers start to soften/change color add the tomatillos.
Cook just until the tomatillos start to change from green to a yellow green (do not cook until they bust).
Strain and move to a blender adding in the cilantro, green onions and teaspoon of salt. Blend to a smooth consistency and enjoy!2019-01-03_11.46.48.jpg2019-01-03_11.47.36.jpg2019-01-03_11.47.48.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I made this and it was a pretty big hit. I didn't serve it with grilled meat, but used the Tostitos scoops.

Mango Salsa.JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My version of salsa Verde.
1. One to one and a half pounds of tomatillos
2. 3 large jalapenos ... More or less. depending how you like heat.
3. One half of a large white onion.
4. 4 green onions.
5. 1 Bundle of cilantro.
6. 2 teaspoons of salt.
7. 4 cloves of garlic.
Bring a medium pot to boil with white onions, garlic, peppers, 1 teaspoon of salt. Just as the peppers start to soften/change color add the tomatillos.
Cook just until the tomatillos start to change from green to a yellow green (do not cook until they bust).
Strain and move to a blender adding in the cilantro, green onions and teaspoon of salt. Blend to a smooth consistency and enjoy!View attachment 954915View attachment 954916View attachment 954917
Oh yeah! That's about identical to mine, except that I roast the peppers and tomatillas on the grill instead of boiling them. I love me some salsa verde!

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Dr. Pepper backstrap
Ingredients needed:
Backstraps or tenderloins
Dr. Pepper

Slice the backstrap how you prefer. I usually just slice mine off about 1/2" thick. Pour enough Dr. Pepper in a skillet to submerge about half the slice of meat, so about a 1/4".
Put the stove on low heat and simmer backstraps turning occasionally till done to your liking. I like medium or medium rare myself. If you are cooking more than one round empty your skillet and start with fresh Dr. Pepper. Enjoy.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Venison and pork lasagna.
1lb of venison burger.
1lb of Italian sausage.
32oz crushed tomatoes.
1lrg onion diced.
4 garlic cloves minced.
32 oz of your favorite spaghetti sausage.
8 oz tomato paste.
Fresh chopped parsley (1 bundle).
Parmesan cheese.
Mozzarella cheese.
8oz ricotta cheese.
Brown your meat in a large pot along with the onion. Add in sauce, crushed tomatoes and paste and let it simmer for at least 1 hr.
Layer in pasta, meat sauce, and cheeses with a sprinkle of parsley on each layer. I just go 2 layers high. Top it off with a light layer of sauce , mozzarella and parmesan.
Bake on 350 for 45 minutes covered. Uncover and slightly brown cheese.

bighonkinjeep

Oven Fried Pepper Popper Porkchops:
Ingredients:
1) Butterflied center cut porkchops ( I usually cut mine off a center cot pork loin)
2) Crushed corn flakes
3) Couple of eggs beaten
4) Philidelphia cream cheese
5) Diced jalapenos ( Mazzetti tamed jalapenos can be used for kids and those who dont.like "spicy" and you still get the pepper.popper flavor)
6) Cooking spray to lightly grease the pan.

Process:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) Put a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese inside of each butterfly porkchop. Place them on a cutting board and press down squeezing the cream cheese into an even layer almost to the edges.
2) Put a couple of tablespoons of the diced jalapenos on top of the cream cheese and spread into a thin even layer inside the butterflied porkchops.
3) Dip the filled porkchops into the beaten eggs, then the crushed corn flakes, Press down lightly to coat and put them onto a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Put them into the 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes till done.

I like to have rice as one of the sides to scoop up with any of the filling that comes out when cutting my chop.
Enjoy