The Why?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Here's a link on Exceptionalism. Scrool down to Puritian roots and
"city on the hill".https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

It is not uncommon in american lingo...

One could make arguments that some of the roots of the term are antagonistic to one another. Nevertheless... I think in religio-spiritual terms the reason some ministers in the US tend to be perhaps more prophetic regards the nation is due to american excetionalism... which I would point out is similar to Isreal's exceptionalism as the chosen people and their need of prophets to the nation.

In other nations it seems to me that Christian prophets build up the body of the church, speak into people's lives etc.. independent of the nation as opposed to the american tradition regards this ministry... What do you think? Also the word mush in my original comment on exceptionalism should read much instead.

Got it. Understand it in a cultural context. From the way you phrased it, I thought it had a totally separate theological context.

I haven't watched any of Platt's videos. From his book Radical, I didn't get that impression. If anything, what I gathered is that if he feels America is exceptional in any way, it is exceptionally apostate due to our wealth. Maybe that's what you're point is. I don't know.