If we all came from Adam and Eve?

j_seph

genetic-variation.gif

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

One generation??!!

Sorry, I've never seen a white couple give birth to an Asian kid, a black kid, a Latino kid, an Arab kid, and a white kid. Unless there was some serious hanky-panky going on, anyway. If Eve was created from Adam's rib, I doubt if she was Hispanic and he was Polynesian. There shouldn't be that much genetic variation.

gordon 2

One generation??!!

Sorry, I've never seen a white couple give birth to an Asian kid, a black kid, a Latino kid, an Arab kid, and a white kid. Unless there was some serious hanky-panky going on, anyway. If Eve was created from Adam's rib, I doubt if she was Hispanic and he was Polynesian. There shouldn't be that much genetic variation.

Well there are some 20-30 subspecies of whitetail deer in North America... all from ah... Noah... :) deer or any other animal can come out different with different phases...

I have six brothers... two take to the scandinavians, one to the french, one to the austrians, one to the arabs, my sister takes to the highland scots-norwegians...

Me dad was 5'7 me mom 5'4ish... Me dad was the runt of his family. Only one brother of mine takes after him-- he is so sawed off that he's got squinty eyes...and walks like an Asian mountaineer... He's a forester-- a big little man in his profession.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well there are some 20-30 subspecies of whitetail deer in North America... all from ah... Noah... :) deer or any other animal can come out different with different phases...

I have six brothers... two take to the scandinavians, one to the french, one to the austrians, one to the arabs, my sister takes to the highland scots-norwegians...

Me dad was 5'7 me mom 5'4ish... Me dad was the runt of his family. Only one brother of mine takes after him-- he is so sawed off that he's got squinty eyes...and walks like an Asian mountaineer... He's a forester-- a big little man in his profession.

You don't breed two key deer and get a northern whitetail as an offspring, though. And your mom and dad probably had Scandinavian, French, Austrian, Arab, and Scottish ancestry. They weren't the first people on earth, one made from part of the other. :)

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I think the absence of such scripture may support the idea that Adam was not the first physically created man.

Why doesn't this come as a shock to us. Doesn't mention aliens either so that's always an option.

hobbs27

Why doesn't this come as a shock to us. .

Because you have the gifts of the Spirit, one of you prophesied it, the other spoke it in tongue and another translated it to the others?

Artfuldodger

I stand corrected. Thanks Hummer and Gordon.

Although, Jesus' lineage(not bloodline because of Ruth) through Joseph was completely Jewish, we know Joseph was not His blood father.
And as for Mary's bloodline, as you pointed out, Rahab's gentile blood was intermingled.

In conclusion, it was not about the bloodline but the lineage. Big difference.
The "type" of being a fleshly Jew was a "shadow" of being a spiritual Jew.

Could we say that physically Jesus was Jewish because of Joseph but because of Mary's lineage he was also physically Gentile?

True in fact is everything physical is a shadow of the spiritual within scripture. So now we are using Christ's lineage instead of bloodline to show a spiritual Messiah by showing that Mary had a Gentile bloodline. Genetically so did Abraham and David as well.

So in the grand scheme of God's plan, there never was this Jewish/Gentile separation that Romans 11 appears to be addressing.

To think this whole Jewish/Gentile thing was never even a part of God's plan to start with. Especially since it turns out that Jesus was never a Jew to begin with because of Mary's Gentile blood.

Considering that Joseph wasn't his blood father and his real mother had Gentile blood.

If everything physical appears eventually to be a shadow of future spiritual events, then once again we can take "time" out of the equation as if this "shadow" actually never was a shadow but reality. Meaning that Jesus never was the high Jewish priest but a Jewish/Gentile priest because of Mary.

The shadow of things to become has always became.

hobbs27

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
As I understand it, being a jew isn't just bloodline, it is also religion. A person may not be born a jew, but convert to the jewish religion and be considered completely jewish.

As Ruth said, Your God will be my God, and your people, my people. She totally sold out to the jewish train of thought and action

Artfuldodger

This is how the New Testament starts. Weird that it starts out with some form of a Jewish lineage. I'm still not sure why. Considering Mary's Gentile blood, why continue this physical "shadow" into the New Covenant?

Matthew 1:1
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

John 1:11-13
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God — 13children born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but born of God.

John 4:22
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Romans 9:4
the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

Romans 8:19
The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God.

I forgot it was all just a great big "shadow" which we can safely remove as a shadow from the concepts of time. Because of this, Jesus was never a Jew.

Artfuldodger

As I understand it, being a jew isn't just bloodline, it is also religion. A person may not be born a jew, but convert to the jewish religion and be considered completely jewish.

As Ruth said, Your God will be my God, and your people, my people. She totally sold out to the jewish train of thought and action

I would agree. In relation to Jesus though, what made him Jewish? Bloodline, lineage, or religion?

I would think his religion made him Christian.:D

I still haven't figured out a way to totally remove Judaism from Christianity. I didn't include it, God did. I didn't make Jesus Jewish, God did.

For me to say Judiasm was a shadow of Christianity so therefore it never existed is a bit much for me to digest.

Now for me to say it started out as God's plan as a shadow to show the way for a future generation through Christ, I can do. But this way for some reason means that God changed. This way would mean there was a time Gentiles were without hope and without God.

The Reformed view of the shadow always being in he present removes this waiting period of the Cross. It removes the Jewishness of never being. It removes the Gentile/Jewish separation as explained in Ephesians as never existing.
It makes the shadow of Jesus being Jewish as Jesus always being neither Jew nor Gentile. So not only does it make the Jewish/Gentile thing as never existing, it makes Jesus as only a Jew never existing as well.

In concept, I can see this. In scripture, I can't see it a well. I see a time when it existed. Even if it existed as a shadow of a future event, I still see it as existing in a form different than the future.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 2:19
Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's household,

(Remember at that time. Therefore you are no longer.)

I see a restriction, if you will. A change, a difference, a time, whatever. Isn't this what Paul was preaching? This Jewish thing becoming a Jewish/Gentile thing?

Wasn't it first a Jewish thing that became a Jewish/Gentile thing?

Romans 11:25:26
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

See, the Jewish stuff was still there when Paul wrote this. It existed in time. It was there!

28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs.

It's still there!

29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience, 31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you.

It's still there! Did Paul not get the memo? Why didn't he see the shadow as always existing?

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

I have this picture in my mind, an indoctrination of Jesus being a Jew, regardless of why. Mother, Father, blood, lineage, or religion. I can't really see where that matters as long as we agree with scripture that Jesus is a Jew.

Within my mind is this Jewish religion of God choosing Abraham as a Father of a nation of which Jesus would be born from. When this happened, all nations would be blessed because when this Messiah appeared, all Gentiles would be grafted into or as the true children of Abraham.

Excluding a lot of filling in the blanks, this is the way I pictured what happened within time. It was like a Jewish thing becoming a Jewish/Gentile thing.
Part of my indoctrination was that this great mystery was revealed by the apostle Paul. Like he revealed it. He delivered it.

This mystery as revealed by Paul in Romans 11. The remnant chosen and the rest hardened. This done to bring salvation to the Gentiles. The Jew's transgressions brought riches to the world through salvation now being offered to the Gentile.

Through Abraham all nations eventually reaped the benefits of Jesus who was of his lineage. God chose this lineage.

Actually when you think about it the whole plan was God's. Is this a Reformed view? Sure. I get the predestination. I just don't accept the out of time thing removes the Jewish thing.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Why are there different races?

Here is one view of it.
http://creation.com/the-origin-of-the-human-races

The Creation Museum (different that the link) has a display on it, can't remember exactly their view.

One generation??!!

Seems like it happened in England but two black parents gave birth to twins one white and the other black.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

1gr8bldr

Maybe there is a logical answer that does not relate to humans..... but think of the canine family. We got labodors, pit bulls, weenie dogs. Where did they all come from. Did they not derive from a more common source????