Broke in my new 3wt and started the next generation.

ASH556

I took my new 3wt down to the pond this evening and played with some Bass and Bluegill. Caught 10-15 probably over 2.5 hrs intermingled with helping my little buddy keep his Rapala out of the weeds. Once I started hooking them regularly he asked if he could have a turn to land a few. I was glad to oblige. He currently fishes with spinning tackle but we'll have him addicted to the fly soon enough!

First fish on the new rod:

Then some Bluegill:

fishndoc

If someone had handed me a fly rod when I was that little guy's age... Well, I'm sure I would have spent less time working and a lot more time fishing.

Bream Pole

Great pics. I started both my children out early and they are starting their children out early. Also I love that TFO professional series. I had a 9' 6 wt I loved but gave to my son for use on the Chattahoochee. I tried the signature II but sent it back. I have an 8'6" professional on its way and the flyshop I bought it from had a sage reel on sale for $50. I already have a flyline for it. Can't wait till it gets here. Its a 5 weight, and will do fine as a bass/bream rod. Got mainly for use on the river. my main bream rod is a Cabela's 5'9" 3 wt.