Chuck roasts, taters n onions

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Smoking 2 chuck roasts low and slow, and my big cast iron fryin` pan full of taters and onions. Hope it turns out decent.

Drankin` Buffalo Trace out of the bottle just in case. :cheers: (got to get rid of it somehow.....)

Attachments

• taters2.jpg
    taters2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 320
  • taters3.jpg
    taters3.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 322
  • taters1.jpg
    taters1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 322

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Very nice sir! Do you have any oil in the tater pan? I ask because we do them like that from time to time but i usually drop a big scoop of bacon grease in the pan with the taters.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Very nice sir! Do you have any oil in the tater pan? I ask because we do them like that from time to time but i usually drop a big scoop of bacon grease in the pan with the taters.

About a good handful of lard.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The taters near about done.

Attachments

• taters4.jpg
    taters4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 309

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Turned out right good. Some of this with horseradish will make a good sammich tomorrow too.

Attachments

• taters5.jpg
    taters5.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 294
  • taters6.jpg
    taters6.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 292

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic, Nic!!!!!!!! Beeeeeeuteeeful Eats!!!!!!!!!:clap:

naildrvr

anybody that don't like that just don't like to eat. i must say that is absolutely beautiful and i know it's mighty tasty!!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Looks dang good Nic.

gregj

Nic, how long did you cook them beforer putting them in foil? and how long for the total cooking. I would like to try that on my BGE.
thanks ....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, how long did you cook them beforer putting them in foil? and how long for the total cooking. I would like to try that on my BGE.
thanks ....

I cooked em about 2 hours off to the side of the coals rotating them every 30 minutes or so, then wrapped em in foil for about another hour way off to the side so they would just sorta "simmer". During that time is when I put the taters and onions on too.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
It sure turned out really good Nic! And like you said, sammiches the next day are an added bonus!