Pirated eats on the deck....whatcha folks cooking today ????

Dub

Pirated a couple burger recipes and made a batch that were well timed.

Wife and son had been out and about and both pulled up in the driveway within 5 mins of each other....and could smell the burger smoke coming from the backyard.

Finally......finally......finally.....my Pirates are looking like they may win a game this year, too. Maybe we need to schedule more Sunday games, lol.

A fast batch of Man Cave Meals Hotdog Chili was made....used 80/20 in it this time.

The Yuengling Black & Tan went into the chili....the Yuengling Light went into the dude running the grill. :cheers:

Almost done.....simmered another half hour or so after pic taken

Okay....the Pirated burger recipe went like this:
* 2.25 lbs of cheap meat.....70/30 ground beef
* 1 pack of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing powder
* 4 tablespoons Duke's
* 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrin's roostershire
* formed into 5 patties
* I let them cook 2/3 done before the one flip
* American cheese on them after coming off the grill

Cooked over Kingsford charcoal. I love the flavor.

Usual suspects lined up.....

I set it out and went to watch my Pirates....lotta game left but we are up 41-21....was told that they left me a burger and plenty of hotdogs. :banana:

What's everyone conjuring up on this fine afternoon ?????

Last edited:

dfhooked

Man Dub that looks great. Took some fresh teal and made a philly teal steak sandwich.

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 346

Dub

Great Dub.
I just cracked open a beer, is that OK :cheers:

Might do some fried oysters tonight.:bounce::bounce:

PF

:cheers:

Yessir....indeed it is alright. I'm gonna go fishing around in the cooler in a minute for a reload.

Fried oysters sound excellent.

Man Dub that looks great. Took some fresh teal and made a philly teal steak sandwich.

Wow.....that's a killer Philly !!!!!

Dub

Finally.....finally.........a WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41-38......and it came down to a last second field goal missed by UConn. Whew.....finally. Was scared we'd zero for the season.

Now.....if my Texans can just hang on for a win !!!!

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Good job on the groceries Dub! Glad your team prevailed! Sounds like you almost missed out on the burgers. Dang Dfhooked! You have thrown down today too! Probably gonna do some burgers on the Blackstone and some slinky taters in the Bayou classic a little later. Great Sunday fixings guys!

Dub

Good job on the groceries Dub! Glad your team prevailed! Sounds like you almost missed out on the burgers. Dang Dfhooked! You have thrown down today too! Probably gonna do some burgers on the Blackstone and some slinky taters in the Bayou classic a little later. Great Sunday fixings guys!

I still may miss out.....there was one lone burger reportedly put away in the fridge for me.

Maybe I better hide it behind the salad fixings to ensure it's there later on when I want it. :bounce:

Blackstone burgers sounding great !!!!

Northwestretriever

Brunswicks been going for about 3.5 hours. Gonna make some jalapeno cornbread to go with it.

Attachments

• 20170924_163104-2656x1494.jpg
    20170924_163104-2656x1494.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 316

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

naildrvr

everybody's killin it in the cafe today. great cooks guys. i was planning to cook something this evening, but ate late lunch for my mama and brothers birthday. guess that's worth waiting to cook another day.

pine floor

Oysters f9r Dub

20170924_195939.jpgo

Sorry for the piece of , well I know what happened. Dub was doing right today.
We had some Oysters, fried Okra and some taters.

Sorry for the wrong pic.:D
PF

Dub

18yo son returned home from a friends house an hour ago.

Said he was famished. Mind you, he had a proper breakfast and lunch, lol.

He said he wanted a bbq sammich & mac'n'cheese.

I added a heaping helping of pintos, too.

Toasted a bun and hit the pulled pork with a tangy sauce....one that he helped me tweak.

Scarce minutes passed and this is what was the outcome......

Dub

Some strong coffee, quick breakfast and then sent them on their way. I love having weekday's off work. Makes up for the long workdays.

The eggs turned out mighty flavorful....smoked salt, parmesan cheese, milk, pepper and shredded cheddar....and I didn't overcook them for once. :)

Interested party underfoot......

Finally tried a burger for lunch today....

It was okay, but just not what I like.

The ranch dressing mix and mayo has too much going on in the burger. A shot of Roostershire would have been fine by itself. Better yet, some diced onions and Don's Seasoning Delight. In short, I'm going back to my old method.

Last edited: