Curious visitor. Copper headed water rattler

krazywayne

Had this beauty swim by the boat today while fishing the south river. Ended up with one striper about 10# for my niece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 2,719

krazywayne

My 12 yr old nieces 10# striper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 2,167

jmharris23

My fishing would have stopped and heard a shot rang out lol nice fish

Do you just get on here every morning and look for all the snake threads so you can tell everyone how you are going to kill every snake you see from now on? :confused:

I go by new post do u get on here just to fuss with me about snakes ?? Seems it post staking me

JEG60

Since the snake's body is on top of the water while swimming, does that mean it is poisonous? I've always heard that was the case.

krazywayne

Since the snake's body is on top of the water while swimming, does that mean it is poisonous? I've always heard that was the case.

That is the way I have always determined the difference.

This one was definitely a water moccasin we got a good look at her and she was gorgeous... by the time i could get my camera ready she swam off... my neice was like... hey uncle andy look at that snake. It's huge..... she was probably big around as my wrists and long as I am tall... gorgeous snake just swinmming along

Ur more of a man than I could have been.. Them jokers never bothered mr toll I got myself bit now I'm scared to death of them

krazywayne

Ur more of a man than I could have been.. Them jokers never bothered mr toll I got myself bit now I'm scared to death of them

I would never kill a harmless critter in the wild, however I got home last night and one had made its way in the garage and needless to say it is now headless and hanging on a tree...
Granny used to say if you beheaded a snake and hang it to a tree it's spirit would warn other snakes to stay away. I must say that I only kill one a year and never see another the rest of summer... Had a copperhead coil up at my gf last spring on our carport and I beheaded it and never saw another snake... I figure fair trade for almost killing mgf from heart attack and killing my cat.! Copperheads are beautiful to look at but will ruin the day of a yard cat

I heard that I don't know if I could even touch one now use to I prolly could not now. I never heard that maybe I could use a 20 ft stick lol I don't go looking for them just to shoot one however if they cross me I'm not taking any chances ... Good job Andy on all it fishing success. U and Nikki sure have wore them out seems like a perfect match to me

Had this beauty swim by the boat today while fishing the south river. Ended up with one striper about 10# for my niece.

nice snake, doesn't really look like a cottonmouth to me, looks like it's got its head up out of the water trying to look the part, but it seems aweful long and slender to be a cottonmouth moccasin, just my opinion. I enjoy the snake photos, keep 'em coming.

krazywayne

I wish I had my camera sooner. I am 95% sure it was a moccassin It came right up to the boat and it was really thick. I may be wrong but either way a beautiful snake

nice snake, doesn't really look like a cottonmouth to me, looks like it's got its head up out of the water trying to look the part, but it seems aweful long and slender to be a cottonmouth moccasin, just my opinion. I enjoy the snake photos, keep 'em coming.
Haha funny man

AbnormalEKG

Thats no cottonmouth. Way to skinny, and WAY too long to be. Most cottonmouths only grow to be 3-4 feet long with a very thick body. I'm sure there are some out there that grow longer, but this one is definitely too slender.