Sweet Spot Plot

dutchman

Kammermeyer and I have been in direct contact with the company trying to get dealers signed on down here.

'Bout what I figured. Since Kammermeyer's endorsement shows up on their website, I reckon' he should be able to help. Not sure about you, though...::ke:

:bounce:

Swarm

Spring Plantings

What time of year do you plant Spring plots down there? What date would you normally be past frost danger? Anyone ever planted any balansa clover in plots? I hear it has a very attractive fragrance whihc deer might like.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Never heard of balansa, is it an ann or per?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Anybody sell it in our parts? Grow well here?

gadeerwoman

I'd love to give it a try on 3 acres I have if it were a little cheaper. Got to get something planted there this year in place of the brassicas. Time to rest that field from brassicas for a spell.

dixie

I'd love to give it a try on 3 acres I have if it were a little cheaper. Got to get something planted there this year in place of the brassicas. Time to rest that field from brassicas for a spell.

Sandra, I planted some chickory where we had a huge stand of brassica's it did well there

Swarm

Athens

T - Athens has bought some and will be carrying it. Guess the news just hasn't been shared with the folks answeringthe phone.

Swarm

Apparently the store doesn't know about it but the seed company does. Call Tony Harper, 706-769-0828.

dutchman

I saw on Cooper's web site that they now stock Sweet Spot, also.

dixie

I just cked and saw it on coopers too, thanks Dutch, one question, how do you know what zone your in? I couldn't find a map or list there. While I can't say for sure, I can't help but believe its gonna be an annual here

dixie

Dixie, you and I are usually considered zone 8 for most planting if it is going by the numbered zones.

Thanks Sandra, 70 bucks for a half acre is a little too pricey for an annual IMO, but I'm gonna wait and see how it does

dutchman

Well, my Sweet Spot has not done well in the deep shade and the heat of a GA summer. It's all brown and dried up. I'm waiting to see if cooler weather helps it any at all.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Mine didn't last too long either because of the drought.

On a side note, Deason's in Royston is carrying it this yr.